Just got one and its Amazing!

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

Just got one and its Amazing!

Maybe you can give me your thoughts then? I had a couple lingering questions before I buy one. See my post (2 above yours) if you're willing. I'd really appreciate it.

So, Linus, are you perhaps able to comment a little bit more on this device as a note taking tablet? None of the reviews I've read/watched have gone into any real detail on the stylus. I'm a college student, and I love the idea of taking handwritten notes digitally. I'm currently using a Surface Pro as my note taking device, but the battery life is just abysmal. I have to find outlets during my lunch breaks just to be able to squeeze out enough juice to last through all of my classes. So I've been looking for a replacement for a while now. I looked at that 8 inch Asus tablet with Wacom pen, but the thing that stopped me from purchasing it was the Windows OS. Don't get me wrong, I love Windows, but I just don't think it's as good on a tablet as iOS and Android. Sure, I could get the full OneNote desktop app and it would be great at note taking, but speaking from experience with the Surface, using it as an actual tablet for consumption is quite a lackluster experience. I just can't justify spending another $300 on a device that would only have one purpose. I'd always avoided Android tablets in the past since I use OneNote for all of my notes, and the OneNote app was a bit lacking. But a couple of days ago, Microsoft pushed a beta to the Android version of OneNote that finally added handwriting support. So, would you recommend this as a note taking tablet? How was the writing experience in comparison to the Surface Pro 3? Is the software implementation of the stylus compatible with the new OneNote beta's handwriting feature?

The tablet is great for note taking, the stylus works great and has barely any input lag, and the battery is around 3 hours in constant gaming and it lasted me a full day with around 15% remaining with moderate use throughout the day. I cannot say how it is compared to the Surface Pro because I have never owned one, Sorry, but I hope I helped.

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

What an utter, utter tablet :D !!! However, I would marry this tablet with Samsung galaxy tab S 8.4 and buy it's children :) ! Here is why :

What I really like about this tablet is (in order) :

- Most of all front facing speakers. It is absolutely unclear to me why this isn't a standard ??? I'm looking for a replacement for my Nexus 7 2012 , and I'm not even considering anything that does not have stereo front facing speakers (atm only Lenovo Yoga and Shield have it). And supposedly great sound quality is a huge plus in my book

- Stylus. VERY important feature for me. If not for anything else, than for lack of fingerprints while using the tablet. I have an aftermarket one for my nexus 7, but it does not have a slot for it so I keep it in a bag and use it much more rarely because of that... otherwise it is a great tool

- 5 MPix front camera . Boy am I glad to see this. My girlfriend is studying abroad and I don't have my own room, and skyping is inconvenient for me. I tried to talk to her from somewhere else with nexus but crappy video and audio ruins the experience . I hope this tablet have a good mic to match this excellent camera . If someone buys it and confirms that would be great.

- 1920 x 1200 Display. Full HD is all we need really. It is better to have good display with good color reproduction and visibility in daylight than to go overboard and crank the resolution way up for marketing reasons and sacrifice other display characteristics. At no point while using my nexus 7 720p wass too small of a resolution for me.

- That TEGRA ... I hope finally for an smoooooth Android experience . Like win7 with quad core and SSD, without any hiccups

- HDMI - AWESOME!! This means that I will be able to stretch HDMI cable from my TV to the bed table, plug it in, and enjoy browsing YouTube videos from my bed. Any other experience is bad for me - I have connected PC to TV via HDMI, but it means that i have to constantly switch displays in my drivers, and get up from bed to play each new video ; WiDi from my laptop while good in theory lags a lot, and it is not working as advertised; and YouTube app on my smart TV is just horrible . I could buy some Android TV set-top box, but it is yet another device, but as I already need a tablet, this extra functionality is awesome. Would like to see dock for the table though, and mini HDMI and microUSB connectors more apart, so I can use both at the same time

What I would take from the mother :) (Galaxy tab S) : 

- 8.4 screen - It is just in the middle between 7 and 10 inches, and maximum size for decent portability.

3 GB of RAM. RAM is not that expensive and more of it for future proofing wouldn't hurt

- Latches for the cover on the back of the tab. Since I managed to scratch my nexus 7 screen pretty early on, covers are really important to me. Tab S has by far the best system for the cover mounting of ANY handheld device. Once you put it on, you will never remove it by accident, nor will the tablet  drop from it. I broke screen of my nexus 7 because it slipped out of the bad cover i have for it. On the Shield, cover seems to be just an afterthought. I would like finally to see one tablet where screen cover is integral part of the device itself, or at least some dedicated hinges of tablet for it

- Amoled screen. According to the reviews Tab's display is fenomenal, with accurate colour and virtually no oversaturation, which combined with lower battery consumption and better Daylight visibility makes it a better choice

- 8MP back camera with flash. OK, no one is using tablets as a primary tool for taking pictures, but having a more than capable camera at least for scanning QR codes  and programs such as satfinder would be great for me! 

- Hardware buttons. That way we could have a true 16:9 1080p screen for maximum enjoyment when consuming media content

If someone would make a Frankenstein tablet like this I would be more than happy :)

My 5000€ dream machine
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qzFFLD

As for the gaming features ... meh, I guess they are a nice bonus :)
Although I don't understand why they didn't make something like this : http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-accessories/razer-edge-gamepad-controller/
There is no point in separated joypad and tablet. Imagine how much easier it would be when you are in train for example just to get those two sticks out from your bag, slap them on each side of tablet and game ! When you are done gaming, simply remove them, and off you go with normal tablet usage. I am talking about variant where tablet would have slots for those sticks only, without cover - like backpanel on razer edge's controller . 

Only way I could justify buying of a controller is if in the future they add support for PC natively 

As for Twitch, shadowplay, console mode... I don't see myself using those features, unless I can stream a Game from my PC while someone else is using the same PC for other work (game runs minimized) . Otherwise it is pointless for me, if I can use a PC, why would I use Shield :) ?

My 5000€ dream machine
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qzFFLD

• 3 weeks later...

What games is Linus playing during the video?

• 1 month later...
I never had any android device or a tablet.

But I'm willing to buy a tablet soon.

Should I wait for the new nexus devices or buy this one.

I stream games but I'm not interested in streaming from a tablet.

But I will game from it sometimes when I'm not home at my main pc.

Viewing comments or watching video's and Internet browsing is what i would use the tablet for daily.

Or are there suggestions for even a better tablet.

I'm going to wait a little while.

There seems to be a issue with the shield tablet where the edges are cracking from the tablet.

It is even pinned on the geforce forums + posts from moderators confirming this issue.

When it is fixed I might buy it depending on what other products there will be released then.

some cracks are horrible.

We use a bunch of these around here. Also, I gave 10 of my friends and family members these and what can I say, they have brought us all closer.

Glad to hear that I'm still willing to buy one after the issues are fixed.

They already are replacing the broken tablets atm if the comments are positive now I'm going to buy him, not earlier.

The  NVIDIA Shield 16 GB Black Handheld System is only 199$ now in Amazon