display port questions

comex

So i heard that display ports are the next best thing for pc gaming and I was wondering a few things

My current monitor which is a HP w2338h does not have a display port(only vga and HDMI), however my graphic card which is a radeon HD 7850 does have 2 mini display ports.

So the real question here is, can I convert display port into a HDMI or VGA so that I can take advantage of display ports? and also will there be any side effects or negative effects

for using a converter?

Using a converter will make the experience even worse. Uless you can go directly from display port to displayport there is no point because the HDMI will be the bottleneck. Just leave it its fine.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes, i run an eyeinfinity setup with old VGA monitors using the DP adapters. Usually you can pick them up on amazon for about $10.

I use THIS one, and it is pretty amazing. If you plan on running at higher resolutions, get a better quality one. This one will run at 1080p though.

~Judah

hmm would it be better to just get a new monitor with displayports?

hmm would it be better to just get a new monitor with displayports?

If you can afford another good monitor, go for it. If you want a quick solution, go for the adapter.

I see no (at least no noticeable) latency, and all color is still there.  The biggest impact you will notice is on your graphics card, pushing higher resolutions will slow it down slightly. My eye-infinity setup gives my HD6870 something to chew on.

~Judah

cool thanks for the tips guys