r9 280x

The_Crazy_Chicken

was planning on getting a 280x rather than a 770 so I was wondering which one I should get. the choices are : XFX black edition, Asus direct cu2, or Msi twin frozr.

Eat Moe Beef

Asus or MSI, whichever one is cheaper. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

was planning on getting a 280x rather than a 770 so I was wondering which one I should get. the choices are : XFX black edition, Asus direct cu2, or Msi twin frozr.

HIS IceQ X2. Most underrated AMD vendor for some reason. I got an Asus 280X and the fan went bad the next day. Exchanged it for the HIS and couldn't be happier. Runs quieter and cooler too.

"Rawr XD"

HIS IceQ X2. Most underrated AMD vendor for some reason. I got an Asus 280X and the fan went bad the next day. Exchanged it for the HIS and couldn't be happier. Runs quieter and cooler too.

Something I will give thought to

Eat Moe Beef

Something I will give thought to

You don't go to KFC because there's chicken, you go because there's FRIED chicken.

"Rawr XD"

Beware tho. HIS has shitty CS and RMA can be hell as there are no depots in NA. You will have to send it to Asia.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

I´d go either with Asus or MSI... the Twin Frozr are really great IMHO.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Msi twin frozr gets my vote

XFX have bad QC and bad RMA & customer service

Asus Direct CU coolers are a epic fail on the AMD cards

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

How come those are your only choices?

Out of that lot I would say the MSI, steer clear of the Asus, I tested it, doesn't cool properly due to the cooler design being designed for nvidia cards.

If possible though I would go towards the Sapphire cards as they generally are the better cards overall from the testing on my channel, I tested all 3.

I think their history with usage of ridiculous blue PCBs did not help their reputation, they used to be very popular but they're not even sold anymore where I live actually

I think their history with usage of ridiculous blue PCBs did not help their reputation, they used to be very popular but they're not even sold anymore where I live actually

What's wrong with blue PCBs? As long as they're not green I don't see the big deal with PCB colors

"Rawr XD"

Get the Asus, the MSI one is known to have problems.

CPU - i7-10700K, MB -MSI Z490 Gaming PlusRAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz, GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO, PSU - EVGA 650w Supernova G2 80+ GoldStorage - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB ,WD 3x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Cooler- Noctua NH-D15S, CASE Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

this. i tried both the MSI 280x and HIS 280x and believe me the HIS is quiter and cooler than the msi counterpart. bought one and currently running at 1200/1700 1280mv

What's wrong with blue PCBs? As long as they're not green I don't see the big deal with PCB colors

Everything is wrong no matter blue or green or brown. They are equally ugly(brown's a bit better)

Black or nothing.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

this. i tried both the MSI 280x and HIS 280x and believe me the HIS is quiter and cooler than the msi counterpart. bought one and currently running at 1200/1700 1280mv

Too lazy to overclock mine lol

"Rawr XD"

Everything is wrong no matter blue or green or brown. They are equally ugly(brown's a bit better)

Black or nothing.

f58bedb4-ae5a-44e3-9f64-2403bddcf545_400

"Rawr XD"

f58bedb4-ae5a-44e3-9f64-2403bddcf545_400

How many do you think are gonna make the effort to do that? ;)

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

How many do you think are gonna make the effort to do that? ;)

If I actually cared about PCB colors I would. 

"Rawr XD"

Black or nothing.

you haven't seen the cherry red PCB of my power color 7950 have you

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I am one of the unlucky one wih the ASUS R9 280X DCU2T. Massive artifacting, th replacement card is doing fine though.

Go with the one that is cheaper but i would avoid ASUS and overall OC editions.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

you haven't seen the cherry red PCB of my power color 7950 have you

Nope. And NOPE!

Nope. And NOPE!

damned, just looked it up and it seems like they have changed it to a matte black

damned, just looked it up and it seems like they have changed it to a matte black

That's because they are good people :P

My 770 was brown pcb ): Was on sale..coulsn't say no.

same here got my 7950 on sale for 200 bucks, but at least my is special

though mentioning brown PCB my mobo has that (really dark, but brown) and now you can just imagine that color combo