Really worried,help.

I have an Intel i7 4770k which cost me a ton so you could understand that I am extremely worried when I put it into my mobo maximus vi hero with the correct alignment and every thing and the retention arm takes an extraordinary amount of pressure to push down,its almost like it would rather bend than go down any further,please help me i am really worried.

Are you sure its aligned?

I think it's fine, I went through a similar thought process in my build but it was ok. Double check everything is in the correct place and slowly push down 

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

Make sure it is in the right way and just push the lever down.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

The retention arm does require some force to push down, so if you're absolutely certain you've aligned the CPU correctly, there shouldn't be any problems.

if the little slots are aligned right just press down on the retention arm, It will take some force and you will some noise of squishing? when it is locked in, this is all normal

OAS || AAS || LLS

this is the part where every new PC builder gets nervous and has a panic attack.

especially when the retention arm makes a squeaking noise like it's about to snap the CPU

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

every new builder asks about this , the retention arm requires quite a bit of force to pull down and under , you'd be surprised how much of a beating hardware can take. besides its only a 4770k, imagine what its like doing this with a $2,000 xeon 12 core chip :P

Sometimes they just get stuck a bit I think. I was helping build my friends PC and I pushed down so hard it literally indented two notches into the cpu where the cover was pushing on it. Maybe just try wiggling it a bit or something, I can't remember how I got it off.

If it truly is in the correct alignment then just use more force on that retention arm, it should't be an outstanding amount of force where you're really giving it a hundred precent, but still quite a bit of force.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I was a little surprised how much force it would take on my first build too. Hold the CPU by the sides and wiggle a bit. If it's seated properly, it shouldn't budge.

every new builder asks about this , the retention arm requires quite a bit of force to pull down and under , you'd be surprised how much of a beating hardware can take. besides its only a 4770k, imagine what its like doing this with a $2,000 xeon 12 core chip :P

or a 900euro or 1209 usd i7 4960x 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

MAKE SURE THE TRIANGLE IS NOT ILLUMINATI  !!!

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

The force you need to put is fine, you may even here slight noises such as cracking and what not. It's fine. :)

I have an Intel i7 4770k which cost me a ton so you could understand that I am extremely worried when I put it into my mobo maximus vi hero with the correct alignment and every thing and the retention arm takes an extraordinary amount of pressure to push down,its almost like it would rather bend than go down any further,please help me i am really worried.

Is this your first build? Sometimes quiet a bit of force is needed to plant the retention arm down. Once the small posts on the CPU's socket is in the CPU's notches and the rest of the CPU is in the socket itself then you should be good.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Thank you guys I closed the lever.