bottle necking help

GfysPenguinz

AMD FX 9370 Black Edition, Vishera, 8 Core, S AM3+, Clock 4.4GHz, Turbo 4.7GHz, im guessing this would not bottle neck 

What's up with the BIG FONT and funny colours?

If you are even thinking of getting a FX-9370, might as well just get a FX-8350 and overclock it to 4.4GHz.

The FX-9370 is just a factory overclocked FX-8350....and 4.4GHz can be quite easily achieved on a FX-8350.

I have my FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz right now...which is higher than the FX-9590 (4.7GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo).

There is no point getting a 4GB R9-270X.

More VRAM =/= faster.

A 4GB R9-290X will always be faster than a 4GB R9-270X. Even if it is a....8GB R9-270X.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I found these for you to illustrate the level of bottleneck that may be present. these first 3 pics with a whole bunch of gpus were tested with an i7 3960x at 3.9ghz so that every gpu here is at 100% performance. i want you to focus on the gtx 680 performance at 1080p (blue) because the next set of test relate to that gpu and not the 280x specifically

bioshock2-645x1068.pnghitman1-645x916.pngmetro-ll-645x1048.png

Now we come to these tests. These tests are illustrating cpu bottlenecks of a gtx 680 under the same ultra preset settings. so you can look at the darker grey and reds to compare to the blues up top to get a very rough guesstimate of how much bottleneck will be present with the 6600k

bioshok.pnghitman.pngmetro.png

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

But the A8 6600k is way better than the FX 6100 on single threaded software, which is basically most of the games out there.

Oh wow I couldn't imagine that. But it's true. That really suprised me. But it's probably GHz related. A FX 6350 will most likely keep up with it. I know why I switched to Intel. What a shame I really like AMD as a company.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Oh wow I couldn't imagine that. But it's true. That really suprised me. But it's probably GHz related. A FX 6350 will most likely keep up with it. I know why I switched to Intel. What a shame I really like AMD as a company.

A FX 6100 is a bulldozer CPU (just like the 8150), AMD tried a new architecture, that if the software was optimized enough It'd have turned out well.

But it didn't, the FX Bulldozer series acually performs worse than the Phenom II... Yuck.

Piledriver and future architectures from AMD got into the APUs quickly, and that's what the OP has, and it's much better than the older FX series. It's not only the clockspeed, the architecture is better.

AMD has a great plan with their CPUs and APUs, it's all part of a strategy and if it ends up working you are going to hop back on the AMD train faster than expected. Most people just see the performance of current AMD offerings and complain they are underpowered. The truth of it is, current products are underpowered, but they have their place on the market; if AMD can make developers and optimization of their ideas get supported you may pick them over an Intel processor. Of course they can also screw it up lol.

Why did I start discussing with you in the first place. It's useless and annoying. i think you talk a lot of crap

i am right. i tested me self + there is the proof.so yeah

A FX 6100 is a bulldozer CPU (just like the 8150), AMD tried a new architecture, that if the software was optimized enough It'd have turned out well.

But it didn't, the FX Bulldozer series acually performs worse than the Phenom II... Yuck.

Piledriver and future architectures from AMD got into the APUs quickly, and that's what the OP has, and it's much better than the older FX series. It's not only the clockspeed, the architecture is better.

AMD has a great plan with their CPUs and APUs, it's all part of a strategy and if it ends up working you are going to hop back on the AMD train faster than expected. Most people just see the performance of current AMD offerings and complain they are underpowered. The truth of it is, current products are underpowered, but they have their place on the market; if AMD can make developers and optimization of their ideas get supported you may pick them over an Intel processor. Of course they can also screw it up lol.

Yeah I know. I think a Bulldozer successor based on optimised Steamroller would be really interesting. But let's see what AMD holds for us. i just hope they come back into the high end section, just not with crap like Bulldozer. On the other hand I have to say so far Intel is pretty much doing nothing. I really expected far more from Haswell. I think my i7 3770K is awesome, but it's sad that the Haswell CPUs are not really better.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Yeah I know. I think a Bulldozer successor based on optimised Steamroller would be really interesting. But let's see what AMD holds for us. i just hope they come back into the high end section, just not with crap like Bulldozer. On the other hand I have to say so far Intel is pretty much doing nothing. I really expected far more from Haswell. I think my i7 3770K is awesome, but it's sad that the Haswell CPUs are not really better.

Honestly I get a lot more excited about the "budget" parts they bring us, how awesome they can get the price/performance!