Upgrading to Windows 7

Okay so I grew tired of windows 8.1 pro. I'm upgrading to windows 7. Here's the top reasons I do not like windows 8.1. 

1. Completely new GUI, confusing consumers/customers. You don't just wallop a new GUI on customers without giving them half of a clue on how to use it. 
2. CONSTANT VOLUME ISSUES. In the mixer when I'm listening to music and I switch over to google drive to type something up the volume from the chrome window hosting the youtube video instantly goes down in the mixer to the near-bottom. Never had this issue with my previous computers which both had windows 7. 
3. SEVERAL DRIVER ISSUES with my graphics card. I've tried using both Asus' and AMD's drivers alike for windows 8 x64 and my screens keep artifacting and glitching (black lines appear out of nowhere) and I've tried using default clocks and lowered clocks but it all stays the same and it's been a constant battle between me and my GPU whereas the previous owner of this computer had windows 7 and when I told him, he said that I should just go to 7. 

I didn't have these issues with windows 7 and this 200GB boot drive I'm using is dying. I recently got a huge lot of 500GB drives that I'm going to do a fresh, clean install onto. So hopefully it turns out well. For now, farewell windows 8, i cri evrytim.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Okay so I grew tired of windows 8.1 pro. I'm upgrading to windows 7. Here's the top reasons I do not like windows 8.1. 

1. Completely new GUI, confusing consumers/customers. You don't just wallop a new GUI on customers without giving them half of a clue on how to use it. 

2. CONSTANT VOLUME ISSUES. In the mixer when I'm listening to music and I switch over to google drive to type something up the volume from the chrome window hosting the youtube video instantly goes down in the mixer to the near-bottom. Never had this issue with my previous computers which both had windows 7. 

3. SEVERAL DRIVER ISSUES with my graphics card. I've tried using both Asus' and AMD's drivers alike for windows 8 x64 and my screens keep artifacting and glitching (black lines appear out of nowhere) and I've tried using default clocks and lowered clocks but it all stays the same and it's been a constant battle between me and my GPU whereas the previous owner of this computer had windows 7 and when I told him, he said that I should just go to 7. 

I didn't have these issues with windows 7 and this 200GB boot drive I'm using is dying. I recently got a huge lot of 500GB drives that I'm going to do a fresh, clean install onto. So hopefully it turns out well. For now, farewell windows 8, i cri evrytim.

Those exist on Windows 7 too. I have them occasionally and I'm running Windows 7 Professional. It's to do with something else, not Windows.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

This is not an upgrade, it is called a downgrade.

Also plenty of people are using windows 8.1 with none of those issues you listed, so it is obviously an issue with the hardware you are using, not the OS.

PS- Asus does not make GPU drivers. You don't seem to know what you are talking about.....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I've never had nor heard of any of these issues with windows 8.1 I think it's brilliant for the first iteration of a completely new design

Your Downgrading to windows 7 not upgrading :P...

Never had any problems you speak of

And 7 is slower...

Your Downgrading to windows 7 not upgrading :P...

Never had any problems you speak of

And 7 is slower...

I call it an upgrade. I had a very, very bad experience with windows 8. 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

I'm sticking with 8.1 until 9 comes out in a year or so. I have had a couple issues with the multiple GUIs but half of that was fixed with a classic start menu.

I haven't had any volume issues or driver issues, besides the fuck up between Geforce Experience and Windows Update which caused steam to crash every 20 minutes, but that only lasted 2 days before it was fixed.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Well, two of your problems can be fixed. 

1. Startisback

2. @Ruostunut kokis right click speaker in bottom right > Sounds > Communications > Do nothing

Well, two of your problems can be fixed. 

1. Startisback

2. @Ruostunut kokis right click speaker in bottom right > Sounds > Communications > Do nothing

I know this. The Chrome's sound levels often get to the bare minimum (just Chrome does this. Every other sound source stay where they are) when plugging an USB drive in and out. Have to manually adjust them back to the same level as sounds in general.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

1. Which part of the GUI is confusing?

2. Never had that problem, maybe because i always set Communication option to Do Nothing.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |