Custom water cooling in the future

I've been into doing custom water cooling for a while now. I have an H100i that serves me well for now. Should I ask for a custom water cooling kit for Christmas? I want to spend my money on other things because I don't have thousands of dollars to spend.

I've been into doing custom water cooling for a while now. I have an H100i that serves me well for now. Should I ask for a custom water cooling kit for Christmas? I want to spend my money on other things because I don't have thousands of dollars to spend.

Spend it on other things. If you're happy with the H100i. A EK X240/X360 would be a good kit tho.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Depends, is there nothing else you want? I can think of a million things to buy rather than water cooling

What is your PC spec perhaps it could be improved? or perhaps a new monitor or something

Unless you REALLY want a custom water cooling loop, it really does not do all that much

That is my opinion anyway

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Spend it on other things. If you're happy with the H100i. A EK X240/X360 would be a good kit tho.

Depends, is there nothing else you want? I can think of a million things to buy rather than water cooling

What is your PC spec perhaps it could be improved? or perhaps a new monitor or something

Unless you REALLY want a custom water cooling loop, it really does not do all that much

That is my opinion anyway

What does it mean when you get something for Christmas? You don't pay a penny for it. I WON'T BE SPENDING MY MONEY ON IT.

What does it mean when you get something for Christmas? You don't pay a penny for it. I WON'T BE SPENDING MY MONEY ON IT.

Erm...yeah thanks Sherlock I knew that

But if somebody was going to spend all that money on me for Christmas there are a million more things I can think of that I want more than a water cooling loop when you already have a very good cooler

if you really really want a custom loop, go for it, but you asked for peoples opinions and in my opinion its a waste 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Erm...yeah thanks Sherlock I knew that

But if somebody was going to spend all that money on me for Christmas there are a million more things I can think of that I want more than a water cooling loop when you already have a very good cooler

if you really really want a custom loop, go for it, but you asked for peoples opinions and in my opinion its a waste 

Then what should I ask for? My specs are a 750D, Maximus VII Hero, 4790K, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866MHz, 2TB WD Black, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro, EVGA G2 850. I don't have a graphics card because I'm saving up for the new series. I am also getting the new PG278Q when it comes out. I have $591 of my own money, selling my other PC for $500.

Then what should I ask for? My specs are a 750D, Maximus VII Hero, 4790K, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866MHz, 2TB WD Black, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro, EVGA G2 850. I don't have a graphics card because I'm saving up for the new series. I am also getting the new PG278Q when it comes out. I have $591 of my own money, selling my other PC for $500.

Well if you feel like waiting, hard to say whether or not it will be worth the wait yet

Any other hobbies? Maybe you need a new camera? some awesome speakers or headphones? a new phone or tablet? maybe you are into sports? or something I dunno :)

Aight cool, you're OP can be easily misinterpreted IMO. Get what you want.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Well if you feel like waiting, hard to say whether or not it will be worth the wait yet

Any other hobbies? Maybe you need a new camera? some awesome speakers or headphones? a new phone or tablet? maybe you are into sports? or something I dunno :)

I want to get something for my PC to make it better. Maybe I should get another 16GB of RAM for a total of 32?

I want to get something for my PC to make it better. Maybe I should get another 16GB of RAM for a total of 32?

Unless you frequently max out 32gb there is not much use for it, having more will not improve performance unless you are utilizing it all

Why not get a GPU now, then spend your money on getting a second one, instead of waiting for one single GPU later, it will still perform better

Like get a 780 now and get another 780 at christmas (or upgrade the the new 880 later and sell the card you buy now in a few months)

I could not wait months without having access to my GPU #firstworldproblems

Unless you frequently max out 32gb there is not much use for it, having more will not improve performance unless you are utilizing it all

Why not get a GPU now, then spend your money on getting a second one, instead of waiting for one single GPU later, it will still perform better

Like get a 780 now and get another 780 at christmas (or upgrade the the new 880 later and sell the card you buy now in a few months)

I could not wait months without having access to my GPU #firstworldproblems

Well I'm starting high school in one month. When I do, there won't be a point to having a graphics card because I won't have any time to play games.

Well I'm starting high school in one month. When I do, there won't be a point to having a graphics card because I won't have any time to play games.

Not sure what it's like in the States but in Canada, high school was a breeze, barely any homework. We even had Starcraft 1 tournaments during the computer science course.

Well don't get me wrong but first off all an H100i isn't a custom water cooling it's just an AIO....

Second you were the one that kicked off that discussion in GPU forums because you stated to have info on the upcoming Maxwell GPUs. All I can see is that your hardware looks okay so far and seems like you bought some nice parts.

But that hardware without a GPU doesn't make too much sense when you are really up for buying the new Asus RoG swift monitor.

With that being said, if you have the chance to get hands on this monitor make sure you have a powerful GPU... somehow I don't see the point in buying one of the most advanced monitors coming up especially developed for gamers as 1440p @ 144Hz without a powerful GPU... but that's just my personal opinion.

So I'd stick to the H100i (and btw you look at another 500 USD at least for a custom loop) and get all set and ready for gaming.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

What?

We used to have halo lan tournaments during lunch on our netbooks lol

and on evenings when you dont get homework, summer holidays, weekends, come on I get up at 7am, work at 8:30 till 5:30, ride for 30 mines - hour, have dinner, fit in 2 hours of battlefield and still have an hour or 2 before getting to bed

A watercooled systems for life not just for christmas ;) point being can you afford to maintain and more importantly would you enjoy doing it?

A watercooled systems for life not just for christmas ;) point being can you afford to maintain and more importantly would you enjoy doing it?

Changing out two dollar distilled water every six months doesn't seem to be that hard.

Once you are pleased with what you have then keep it, there is no need to change.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Never sacrifice components you want for watercooling. Get all the hardware you want first, then look at watercooling if you can afford it.

I know, I didn't sacrifice anything. That's why I'm still saving up for my graphics card.

I dont a single 880 will be able to max out games at their highest settings and maintain 144fps on 1440p.

I would think that in order to achieve that kind of performance, you would need at least two cards.

I dont a single 880 will be able to max out games at their highest settings and maintain 144fps on 1440p.

I would think that in order to achieve that kind of performance, you would need at least two cards.

You obviously don't know what G-Sync is.