Me and my father have a big collection of old school games and he recently has wanted to try and play via LAN to vs each other, in this case Age Of Mythology.
I am currently on a laptop connected to the router via wifi but he is connected to the router via Ethernet.
How can we game over the LAN multiplayer option in the game?
Any help would be appreciated :D

It's the same network, so it should work

Me and my father have a big collection of old school games and he recently has wanted to try and play via LAN to vs each other, in this case Age Of Mythology.

I am currently on a laptop connected to the router via wifi but he is connected to the router via Ethernet.

How can we game over the LAN multiplayer option in the game?

Any help would be appreciated :D

It does not matter how you are connected as long as you are both on the same router then you are both using LAN

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You are on a laptop so you could just seat yourself in his vicinity and use an ethernet cable to directly connect your laptop to his pc. Then you should be able to play via LAN.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You should not need to use an ethernet cable to play with him via LAN.

Its all just the same network.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's the same network, so it should work

I though it would work like this aswell but it doesnt :/

It does not matter how you are connected as long as you are both on the same router then you are both using LAN

Okay so it doesnt matter if i am connected to the router via wifi and him by ethernet?

Because i would like to stay on wifi less hassle with wires and stuff

You are on a laptop so you could just seat yourself in his vicinity and use an ethernet cable to directly connect your laptop to his pc. Then you should be able to play via LAN.

I dont have a spare ethernet cable plus I want to play away from him :P

I though it would work like this aswell but it doesnt :/

Wooooot

I don't know that specific game, but you should be able to get it to work. I have run into problems before when using the same game disk and serial for LAN gaming and when using a different version of the game on each PC. From briefly looking up the game it seems very simple, just hosting a game then the other PC detecting it. What exactly is the issue you are having setting up the LAN game?

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I had a few LAN parties where some players were connected via WiFi and the rest of us via cable to the same router and everything was working just fine.

Ping your fathers PC just to see whats happening.

If the network works then check the in game settings.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

yeah, I never got AOM to work in real LAN, me and my friends always use GameRanger which is great.