i want to make comics

chimmychunger

i want to make comics indipendantly but

i can write them well (at least i think)

i can digitally color then in photoshop

BUT 

i cant draw for shit and i dont know anyone who can draw. What do i do

and any tips for learning to draw comic's or just draw in general 

Just gonna leave this here

post-600-0-29555100-1406556577.jpg

Hire artists, deviantart would be a good place to look. Also, if you have a horse in your comics ill buy them

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Hmm, I don't make any comics so my suggestions isn't the best. I have read many webcomics and I guess you can start there? Many webcomics I read started with terrible art but slowly got better overtime. Also in webcomics it's much more forgiving. As in, if the art is terrible, or the story is terrible, or grammar is all over the place the comic isn't going to be slammed very hard. Again, not the best advice as I never made any comics, but a site I sometimes go on called smackjeeves can host webcomics for free and there are many people who start there, then later after gaining popularity move on to hosting by themselves. Hope this helped.

Good luck!

Practice practice practice practice practice practice. Or hire an artist.

i think ill just practice dont have the funds to hire an artist

Practice practice practice practice practice practice. Or hire an artist.

I'll second this.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'll second this.

ok i guess ill just practice a lot :P

Good luck, it takes some artists months/years to develop their own art style and make beautiful art. Its no simple task.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

ok i guess ill just practice a lot :P

practice makes perfect :D

4 year difference 

(warning, furry)

MlLP5Xw.jpg

eFJy0xL.jpg

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Im re-learning how to draw right now btw.

I just went to my local staples and i bought two cases of printer paper quite cheaply and some properly good pencils

After that i just started drawing and drawing and drawing. My favourite method is to practice by re-drawing someone elses work.

That way i can see what works and what doesn't. And also find out the methods for drawing different things on my own.

Currently working on proper shading. And using as few lines as possible to make something pop into 3D. 

I found dark souls 2 to be a good base to use for learning to draw shading.

Here's an example of what i mean. As you can probably see from the image there are quite a lot of shadows.

pic1_zpsc90fa6bf.jpg

And this is what i ended up with when i did a light outline and used shading to make the details. 

And a small thing i picked up from ZoocDoesStuff on youtube for drawing fur. <- The link in his name is to his "The no bullsh*t approach to drawing stuff" series.

8667867867867876_zpsd6dee174.jpg

And then i ran into a problem with my plans to add a cool background

darksouls2-drangleic_zps2179f45d.jpg

I started in too small scale... If you start with something big you can work in more detail into the background.. But since i started with the paper area of an A5 paper the details would've just melted together..

The benefits of colouring on a computer is that you can draw pretty detailed things. Scan them in and colour them. and then shrink the image down to fit into a comic layout^^ 

MarkCrilley is a guy that i watched a lot when i was drawing manga. But im sure many of his techniques could be applied to the comic book style as well

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

practice makes perfect :D

4 year difference 

(warning, furry)

MlLP5Xw.jpg

eFJy0xL.jpg

did you draw these if so your are an amazing artist if not then they are still good :P

Im re-learning how to draw right now btw.

I just went to my local staples and i bought two cases of printer paper quite cheaply and some properly good pencils

After that i just started drawing and drawing and drawing. My favourite method is to practice by re-drawing someone elses work.

That way i can see what works and what doesn't. And also find out the methods for drawing different things on my own.

Currently working on proper shading. And using as few lines as possible to make something pop into 3D. 

I found dark souls 2 to be a good base to use for learning to draw shading.

Here's an example of what i mean. As you can probably see from the image there are quite a lot of shadows.

pic1_zpsc90fa6bf.jpg

And this is what i ended up with when i did a light outline and used shading to make the details. 

And a small thing i picked up from ZoocDoesStuff on youtube for drawing fur. <- The link in his name is to his "The no bullsh*t approach to drawing stuff" series.

8667867867867876_zpsd6dee174.jpg

And then i ran into a problem with my plans to add a cool background

darksouls2-drangleic_zps2179f45d.jpg

I started in too small scale... If you start with something big you can work in more detail into the background.. But since i started with the paper area of an A5 paper the details would've just melted together..

The benefits of colouring on a computer is that you can draw pretty detailed things. Scan them in and colour them. and then shrink the image down to fit into a comic layout^^ 

MarkCrilley is a guy that i watched a lot when i was drawing manga. But im sure many of his techniques could be applied to the comic book style as well

Thanks for the links ill definaly look into it :D

did you draw these if so your are an amazing artist if not then they are still good :P

nah lol

Do note, being an artist doesn't automatically translate to a desire of doing repetitive work. While not the same genre, I remember when I wanted to get into animating. After dabbling with it, I found it way too tiresome and lost interest. Drawing for a comic isn't much different. It's tiring labor that only the most devoted would stick to for a rough draft, let alone an actual completed series.

use bit strips. don't listen to me.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Good luck, it takes some artists months/years to develop their own art style and make beautiful art. Its no simple task.

I will agree with years but i could see months if they are already a good artist

I will agree with years but i could see months if they are already a good artist

if i put time into it i can sorta draw something the slightly resembles a human

if i put time into it i can sorta draw something the slightly resembles a human

well keep at it and in time you will get better. I will recommend the same things i did in the star wars thread

if you are looking for info on drawing i would recommend anyone of the following

AkBbpfL.jpg

check out http://www.posemaniacs.com/ as well

Hey, if you're gonna be a comic/manga artist, make sure you don't end up with an extremely tight schedule. Or else this'll happen.

5-hour+ENERGY.+Src+Mangaka-san+to+Assist

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

well keep at it and in time you will get better. I will recommend the same things i did in the star wars thread

if you are looking for info on drawing i would recommend anyone of the following

AkBbpfL.jpg

check out http://www.posemaniacs.com/ as well

ok ill check my local library see if they have any of these thanks :D

well since you said that i will have to see if i can find some PDFs of some things I had before on a hard drive... only 13 drives to check to see if i still have them

pm me your email and in the next few days I will send you some things to look at