Steel or aluminum air cool which is better for air cooling...

EXVAS

hello everyone the question that I want to ask is steel better than aluminum, to regulate heat I have known people that have said aluminum is better than steel because of its great heat resistant. i have also heard that aluminum is more Dissipation heat than steel. just like to know from the experts which is better steel or aluminum for airflow. This is my 6 case that I have built in my lifetime,  the next one is going to be steel or aluminum,  it Would house thee (X99 chipset 2011-3 i7-5960X) with a R9 290X or Maxwell Flagship GTX 880 which is going to come out October (hopefully) therefore I willing to spend $400 on a new case weather in aluminum or steel, I'm not going to dag it around any were. thank you for answering this question,  have a great day.

hello everyone the question that I want to ask is steel better than aluminum, to regulate heat I have known people I have set aluminum is better than steel because of its great heat resistant. I heard that aluminum on the other hand is more Dissipation heat than steel. just like to know from the experts which is better steel or aluminum for airflow. This is my 6 case that I have built in my lifetime,  the next one is going to be steel or aluminum,  it Would house thee (X99 chipset 2011-3 i7-5960X) with a R9 290X or Maxwell Flagship GTX 880 which is going to come out October.  (hopefully) therefore I willing to spend $400 on a new case weather in aluminum or steel, I'm not going to dag it around. thank you for answering this question,  have a great day.

if you can get copper get copper, its the best out there!

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

if you can get copper get copper, its the best out there!

Find me once case made out of copper...

OP, don't worry about the metal in the case, worry about your cooling components and airflow setup, pick a case that has good airflow characteristics.

It's not going to make any real difference on what metal you make your case out of. The difference would be extremely negligible. What will make the most difference is airflow and the actually cooler you use.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Find me once case made out of copper...

OP, don't worry about the metal in the case, worry about your cooling components and airflow setup, pick a case that has good airflow characteristics.

sorry i was having a blonde moment i thought he was talking about cpu coolers!

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Alu does help with heat more at the expense of not being able to block out sound as much as solid steel. That said, the material of your case does very little if your air flow is bad.

Ft04

Ft02

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

hello everyone the question that I want to ask is steel better than aluminum, to regulate heat I have known people that have said aluminum is better than steel because of its great heat resistant. i have also heard that aluminum is more Dissipation heat than steel. just like to know from the experts which is better steel or aluminum for airflow. This is my 6 case that I have built in my lifetime,  the next one is going to be steel or aluminum,  it Would house thee (X99 chipset 2011-3 i7-5960X) with a R9 290X or Maxwell Flagship GTX 880 which is going to come out October.  (hopefully) therefore I willing to spend $400 on a new case weather in aluminum or steel, I'm not going to dag it around any were. thank you for answering this question,  have a great day.

Go for aluminum. Not because it's handles heat better but because it's light weight while still strong and looks great. Like @Askew said, cooling components and airflow setup are what matter. With $400, Lian-Li and some Caselabs cases are within your budget. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Go for aluminum. Not because it's handles heat better but because it's light weight while still strong and looks great. Like @Askew said, cooling components and airflow setup are what matter. With $400, Lian-Li and some Caselabs cases are within your budget. 

I heard that CaseLabs are used for water cooling cases, but I might be mistaken. I am NOT in the habit of spending $400 Plus on a caselabs case, When CaseLabs cases are not optimized for air cooling configurations, they are very nice case, The gist is this, having speed $600 on every thing, when the case alone cost 400+,  my limit is $400. therefore i might go with Silverstone or lain-li. thank you, reply if you have any comments. have a great day! :D