Will "Project CARS" be the new Crysis of racing games?

Kukielka

These system requirements are quite high for a racing game.

Minimum requirements:
CPU: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS: nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
MEMORY: 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM

Recommended specification:
CPU: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
GRAPHICS: nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
MEMORY: 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/28/project-cars-system-requirements-will-put-your-pc-to-the-test/

Do you need to upgrade, to play this beauty?

Also what do you think about "Elite: Dangerous"?

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Even though my PC is not in recommended requirements.

I Really REALLLY Hope that they won't turning down the graphic quality like other games (yea im talking about you watch dogs, bf series, cod series, etc).

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I for one am really really looking forward to this game.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Project Cars will be the "Crysis" of all games, you haven't really seen anything like Project Cars. It's pretty realistic. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

its early access if anyone wants to play it

I almost pitched a tent in my pants. Sadly, you can't.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I see people say that alot. I didn't think so many people would like camping.

/s

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I see people say that alot. I didn't think so many people would like camping.

/s

You! And again 2 minutes of my lifetime gone.

I'm really looking forward to this game, and I hope they stick with this specs if there's really a big difference between this game and the other racing games of the past years. There has been a while since I haven't watched a really visually innovative racing game.

Upgrade? Yes, but just for this game? No. Whitcher 3 will benefit from that hardware upgrade too :P

You! And again 2 minutes of my lifetime gone.

I'm everywhere and nowhere.

Nvidia showed this game running in surround-UHD (11.520x2160) on four-way SLI Titans, it should be fairly easy to run in 1080p.

The specs don't tell much besides it needing more RAM than most games released in the last years. Neither do we know at which resolution nor which framerate they recommend these specs for. Also, GT 600 doesn't say anything about what this game's graphics hunger is going to be... it just has to be Kepler and above.

It will be heavily multi threaded I guess.

144Hz goodness

I'm not see anything abnormal except for the CPU Recommended requirement, the GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series requirement seems about right to me.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

I've assetto corsa, is realistic too, very realistic. The only bad thing is that there are few cars and tracks...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Inb4: Ubisoft buys Slightly Mad and decreases PC graphics to match next gen consoles.

I really hope it doesn't turn out like Watchdogs.  

I hope they are one of those companies that sees the power in PC and wants to show the world what kind of graphics PCs can push!  

I'm amazed at how it recommends a low end GPU.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm amazed at how it recommends a low end GPU.

It is a racing game, very few of them need high spec GPU's, even the newer ones have rather low requirments for the GPU. This one is quite high for as far as racing games go

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

its early access if anyone wants to play it

Thank you! <3

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Guys, in it's current state it is a bitch to run. With a 4670K and an R9-290 i can run it maxed out although some of the AA settings are broke and don't seem to work properly. I would say a GTX 770/ 280X would be able to run this maxed out. You do need a really strong CPU though like all racing games. I'm sure it will get better with optimizations to the game and drivers. I think it has just gone into beta stage or is just about to so these optimizations should be coming soon.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

But then there is asseto corsa which keeps on trading blows with project cars, both are great games.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You can't. Due to some laws you can no longer join in and have to wait for the full release.

my bad  i got confused with that other racing games on steam

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Guys, in it's current state it is a bitch to run. With a 4670K and an R9-290 i can run it maxed out although some of the AA settings are broke and don't seem to work properly. I would say a GTX 770/ 280X would be able to run this maxed out. You do need a really strong CPU though like all racing games. I'm sure it will get better with optimizations to the game and drivers. I think it has just gone into beta stage or is just about to so these optimizations should be coming soon.

Oh shit, didn't know it was THAT hard to run. Looks like I'm gonna need a 870 when it comes out...

@brownninja97 Assetto Corsa on 4K surround is AMAZEBALLS, and pCARS will be even better! I haven't tried pCARS but some people say it's not as good as AC physics wise, but then people say pCARS' physics is better than AC...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Oh shit, didn't know it was THAT hard to run. Looks like I'm gonna need a 870 when it comes out...

@brownninja97 Assetto Corsa on 4K surround is AMAZEBALLS, and pCARS will be even better! I haven't tried pCARS but some people say it's not as good as AC physics wise, but then people say pCARS' physics is better than AC...

I tried both, physics wise AC>pCars but graphic fidelity definitely goes to pCars. Both is a great games. GTX770/R9-280x is enough to max out pCars@1080p i think.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |