Asus ROG Z97 or Sabertooth Z97

Hi guys ,

I wanted to know which is better the ROG series or the sabertooth for gaming . I want it purely for gaming and i might end up doing some overclocking. Processor will be I7 4790k

I dont think i will be buying the ROG VII Fomula as well it too expensive for me. is the Hero and Formula the same except for the addons on the formula? (interms or performance and overclocking)

I was looking at the ROG VII Hero and Sabertooth Mark1 . Dust is an issue for me but not THE issue so i was initially planning on getting the Sabertooth but then i started looking at ROG Hero and saw that it also had the features i needed. But purely at a hardcore gaming point of view i guess you would prefer the ROG over the sabertooth .

Will be putting it in a Corsair 750D :) and h100i cooler. (so consider clearence and stuff as well)

so what would you guys recommend ?

neither both are over priced just get a msi z97 sli has all the features you need and costs less

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Out of these two boards if you are going to overclock your system i would go with the ROG version, the Sabertooth can also do overclock but the ROG have a better power delivery and managment system.

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

I actually prefer ASUS cause i have been using them for a long time and also they have good warrenty peroid.

How do they stack up interms of gaming performance , and am also investing a lot to future proof the rig so i wont have to update for a couple of years atleast. Would prefer to but the better one even if its a bit expensive.

Out of these two boards if you are going to overclock your system i would go with the ROG version, the Sabertooth can also do overclock but the ROG have a better power delivery and managment system.

I'm starting to think that's not as important anymore, I've got a daily driver overclock of 4.8Ghz on my tiny little Asus Z97i Plus ITX board with my 4790K with room to go further. I am under water though, proper water, not AIO :D

I'm starting to think that's not as important anymore, I've got a daily driver overclock of 4.8Ghz on my tiny little Asus Z97i Plus ITX board with my 4790K with room to go further. I am under water though, proper water, not AIO :D

Same! 

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

I actually prefer ASUS cause i have been using them for a long time and also they have good warrenty peroid.

How do they stack up interms of gaming performance , and am also investing a lot to future proof the rig so i wont have to update for a couple of years atleast. Would prefer to but the better one even if its a bit expensive.

If you are looking for longevity i would recommend the Sabertooth is has got the TUF features.

If you are looking for longevity i would recommend the Sabertooth is has got the TUF features.

Well i dont plan on upgrading for atleast another 3-4 years at which point i just make a new rig. Taking that into account is Sabertooth still the better option ?

well i dont think i will be overclocking much .... Since all parts are almost the latest i dont think i will need to do much overclocking for a little while but even then this will be my first build with water cooling ( Kinda Still Noob in that area :D ) .

Well i dont plan on upgrading for atleast another 3-4 years at which point i just make a new rig. Taking that into account is Sabertooth still the better option ?

I would say so yes, Sabertooth would be better.