Any Suggestions On This Before I Continue Building It? (Round 3)

ddbtkd456

The 780TI and 290X will do very well at 1440P, they won't run every game maxed out, but barely any single card will do that. Another option is Dual SLI 780s or Dual Crossfire 290s.

The dual corssfire 290s is what I had earilier...and I wouldn't be against the dual 780's but the Vram is only 3 gb on that or will that not matter.....p.s. I'm watching top gear hahahaha.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I completely agree with this. If you want a high capacity drive while minimizing failure rates go with wd reds. What do you know helping is being helpful. :)

If you've seen my track record they usually are regardless of perceived tone.

I plan on having a 240mm radiator on the bottom, a 360mm on the top, a 420 mm on the bottom basement, a sli/crossfire gpu loop, a cpu loop, a 120/140 mm on the back and a pump and resivor in there....

For a pair of 290's or 780's, as long as you have radiators that are not low FPI or low profile a 420mm and 360mm should be ample especially if thicker rads and higher FPI in push/pull.

Don't bother with a single 120/140mm, it will be marginal difference at best.

The Hitachi really? Just on the articles I read alone it has better realiblity then both Seagate & WD blacks when running all the time.

you're not getting that information sourced from this are you?

http://blog.backblaze.com/2014/01/21/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/

if you are, ignore it.

3GB VRAM shouldn't be a major issue at 1440p, it's once you start getting to higher resolutions like 4K that you need more than 3GB VRAM.

there's not really a compelling reason to pick cards with lower VRAM and speculated to be worse at higher res.

Error: 410

The dual corssfire 290s is what I had earilier...and I wouldn't be against the dual 780's but the Vram is only 3 gb on that or will that not matter.....p.s. I'm watching top gear hahahaha.

3GB VRAM shouldn't be a major issue at 1440p, it's once you start getting to higher resolutions like 4K that you need more than 3GB VRAM.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

If you've seen my track record they usually are regardless of perceived tone.

For a pair of 290's or 780's, as long as you have radiators that are not low FPI or low profile a 420mm and 360mm should be ample especially if thicker rads and higher FPI in push/pull.

Don't bother with a single 120/140mm, it will be marginal difference at best.

you're not getting that information sourced from this are you?

http://blog.backblaze.com/2014/01/21/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/

if you are, ignore it.

Yea...actually I was. How thick can I go on the Corsair 900D on top and bottom basement in push pull mode? Also recommended pumps?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

The Hitachi really? Just on the articles I read alone it has better realiblity then both Seagate & WD blacks when running all the time.

You won't need a server grade (just assuming it is because of the price) HDD, some Reds are for servers but I'm fairly sure they are less expensive. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Then 780's it is :) they also water cool better I believe.

Get rid of the 900D, dont need that much space. 300 for a case...

Well if you read my loop yes I do...lol. I want the best water cooling system out there.

Yea...actually I was. How thick can I go on the Corsair 900D on top and bottom basement in push pull mode? Also recommended pumps?

The basement you can pick something retarded thick if you want, you have 110mm to work with on the top, so cut that down to ~100mm

In theory that should give you room for a 60mm thick rad in push/pull on the roof assuming your motherboard doesn't have anything protruding.

You can just get 2x 480mm rads, one on the top and one in the basement and be done with it.

D5 vario pump is the best choice, a 35x is acceptable as well.

Error: 410

The basement you can pick something retarded thick if you want, you have 110mm to work with on the top, so cut that down to ~100mm

In theory that should give you room for a 60mm thick rad in push/pull on the roof assuming your motherboard doesn't have anything protruding.

You can just get 2x 480mm rads, one on the top and one in the basement and be done with it.

D5 vario pump is the best choice.

Will do...sorry about before I was in a bad mood cause of some un-releated issues and I took your comments the wrong way.

well to be fair its my first time water cooling and I thought it would be easy to work in...the hitachi drive is for all my movies and things, I could break them into two drives but then I need a bigger bracket.

I see.

I'm pretty sure you can get a 4TB Barracuda cheaper, but I'm not too sure on this, since I haven't looked in quite a while.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yea I have it posted on round 5 I don't have a link tho since I'm Mobil but yea I have two 3tb drives from Seagate

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/187781-round-5-everything-except-fittings-tubing/#entry2527918

There's round 5.