Push/Pull Questions

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

That makes sense. Whay about questoon 2? Is that true? Even in your opinion.

No, the fans will have the same suction on either side of the radiator. They both do the same amount of work pulling air through.

Although another thing you want to try to keep the same (not only the cfm) is also the mm/H2O static pressure. If the fans have very different pressure, your total pressure will be averaged out between the two.

Again the same example one fan has 3mm/H2O and the other fan has 1mm/H2O the average will be 2mm/H2O. 

1. Is it okay to do push/pull with different fans as long as both of their CFM are similar? 

2. "If you're using push/pull fans, make sure that the push fan has about 10% higher CFM than the pull fan" - Is that true?

3. Is there anything else I should know?

Btw, I'm not doing push/pull just curious.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyC3lZ5WFMk

Just about to link it myself. :)

Its an oldie but a goodie 

-snip-

There's a reason why I posted this. I watched it already. Neither of them answer my first and second questions.

I was strictly asking about push/pull, nothing about push or pull. Answer those 2 questions please. 

I googled it and the video popped up, so I copy and pasterino'd the green link, but I fixed it.

There's a reason why I posted this. I watched it already. Neither of them answer my first and second questions.

I was strictly asking about push/pull, nothing about push or pull. Answer those 2 questions please.

I don't know the answer. But I remembered Linus made a video on push/pull.

I don't know the answer. But I remembered Linus made a video on push/pull.

Which tells me you didn't read the description. That video was comparing push and pull AND push/pull. It does not answer my first two questions.

Honestly, now that I rethink it, this community isn't helpful. The best they can do is give you suggestions about your builds.

I'mma head to Tom's Hardware now. Thanks ( ;)) for your help.

Which tells me you didn't read the description. That video was comparing push and pull AND push/pull. It does not answer my first two questions.

Honestly, now that I rethink it, this community isn't helpful. The best they can do is give you suggestions about your builds.

I remembered that Linus had made a video about push/pull. I didn't remember what was in the video precisely. If you don't like this forum, then gtfo and use google.  

I remembered that Linus had made a video about push/pull. I didn't remember what was in the video precisely. If you don't like this forum, then gtfo and use google.  

Gogole didn't have it lmao. Gtfo of my thread, your answers were completely useless. Learn to read the description.

Then leave. We don't need complainers like you here. They were trying to be helpful. If you're going to be rude and obnoxious, go somewhere else.

To answer your question, push pull is worthless. Not worth the amount of money on the fans. If you have your heart set on it, you'll want to use the exact same fans on either side of the rad.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Gogole didn't have it lmao. Gtfo of my thread, your answers were completely useless. Learn to read the description.

Learn to have some common sense.

1. Is it okay to do push/pull with different fans as long as both of their CFM are similar? 

2. "If you're using push/pull fans, make sure that the push fan has about 10% higher CFM than the pull fan" - Is that true?

3. Is there anything else I should know?

Btw, I'm not doing push/pull just curious.

You can do push/pull with completely different fans with completely different CFMs or static pressures. I think JayzTwoCents covered this in a vid 

Then leave. We don't need complainers like you here. They were trying to be helpful. If you're going to be rude and obnoxious, go somewhere else.

To answer your question, push pull is worthless. Not worth the amount of money on the fans. If you have your heart set on it, you'll want to use the exact same fans on either side of the rad.

I will leave. This place has been more of a waste of time. I hate it when someone doesn't read the description and post someone that is almost irrelevant.

And sorry, but your post wasn't helpful either. It didn't answer my question. I didn't ask if push/pull was worth it.

You can do push/pull with completely different fans with completely different CFMs or static pressures. I think JayzTwoCents covered this in a vid

I meant if it would impact performance. Thanks for trying though.

Learn to have some common sense.

What common sense do I have to learn? To not tell someone to read the description before posting something?

I will leave. This place has been more of a waste of time. I hate it when someone doesn't read the description and post someone that is almost irrelevant.

And sorry, but your post wasn't helpful either. It didn't answer my question. I didn't ask if push/pull was worth it.

I meant if it would impact performance. Thanks for trying though.

Are you kidding? Just buy what you want. No one here wants to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Go watch the jayztwocents video and stop insulting everyone.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

You won't be missed.

I'll be glad not to. Not by you anyway.

Are you kidding? Just buy what you want. No one here wants to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Go watch the jayztwocents video and stop insulting everyone.

There is no video that covered my two questions. I think it'd be helpful if you linked me that video then, I'm not familiar with JayzTwoCents.

I'll be glad not to. Not by you anyway.

There is no video that covered my two questions. I think it'd be helpful if you linked me that video then, I'm not familiar with JayzTwoCents.

Find it yourself. Is it so hard to search something on youtube? If you hadn't insulted us and started complaining I would've gladly linked you.

Push pull won't help your temps over 2c no matter what config you run. You'd better of spending the money you save on the extra fans and buying another radiator. Hopefully that answers your question.

Find it yourself. Is it so hard to search something on youtube? If you hadn't insulted us and started complaining I would've gladly linked you.

Push pull won't help your temps over 2c no matter what config you run. You'd better of spending the money you save on the extra fans and buying another radiator. Hopefully that answers your question.

I wasn't insulting, I was giving constructive criticism. Reading the description is really important because what the poster gave me was a video that was completely irrelevant.

I just happen to have 2 120mm fans, one is Corsair SP120 and the other one is a Thermaltake. I don't like wasting things, so I was wondering if doing push pull was okay. It might look nicer too. Thanks for trying though. But no offense, but that still doesn't answer my two questions.

I wasn't insulting, I was giving constructive criticism. Reading the description is really important because what the poster gave me was a video that was completely irrelevant.

I just happen to have 2 120mm fans, one is Corsair SP120 and the other one is a Thermaltake. I don't like wasting things, so I was wondering if doing push pull was okay. It might look nicer too. Thanks for trying though. But no offense, but that still doesn't answer my two questions.

Instead of using the fans for push pull, by another radiator and put them on that. You will be adding extra noise and gaining not much performance. I personally have 10 unused fans lying around that I could use for push pull. Just not worth the extra noise.

And you were being insulting by calling us unhelpful. He was just trying to help. It didn't answer your question? Ok just say so politely instead of calling the forum useless. :)

If you want to use push pull on a radiator it doesn't really matter the cfm on each side. The best performance will come when they are both the same cfm on both sides, but if one side has less than the other it will barely make any difference unless its over a 20cfm delta. It will still perform better than just push or pull. So basically I wouldn't worry about putting different fans on either side as long as their cfm is close.

One example is if you have a 70cfm fan on one side and a 50 cfm fan on the other. It would perform similarly to having a 60cfm fan on both sides. :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Instead of using the fans for push pull, by another radiator and put them on that. You will be adding extra noise and gaining not much performance. I personally have 10 unused fans lying around that I could use for push pull. Just not worth the extra noise.

And you were being insulting by calling us unhelpful. He was just trying to help. It didn't answer your question? Ok just say so politely instead of calling the forum useless. :)

I've posted before and I've had way too many posts that aren't helpful. Posting a video that does not answer my question is not even trying. But fine, I'll just wait for more answers then.

I've posted before and I've had way too many posts that aren't helpful. Posting a video that does not answer my question is not even trying. But fine, I'll just wait foe more nswers then.

If what I've said doesn't answer your question I don't know what will.

No matter what config you run push pull in, it won't increase the performance by more than 2c...

If you want to use push pull on a radiator it doesn't really matter the cfm on each side. The best performance will come when they are both the same cfm on both sides, but if one side has less than the other it will barely make any difference unless its over a 20cfm delta. It will still perform better than just push or pull. So basically I wouldn't worry about putting different fans on either side as long as their cfm is close.

One example is if you have a 70cfm fan on one side and a 50 cfm fan on the other. It would perform similarly to having a 60cfm fan on both sides. :)

No, the fans will have the same suction on either side of the radiator. They both do the same amount of work pulling air through.

Although another thing you want to try to keep the same (not only the cfm) is also the mm/H2O static pressure. If the fans have very different pressure, your total pressure will be averaged out between the two.

Again the same example one fan has 3mm/H2O and the other fan has 1mm/H2O the average will be 2mm/H2O. 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thanks! I did remember H2O, it's just that the question was copy+paste from another forum.

Thanks! I did remember H2O, it's just that the question was copy+paste from another forum.

Ok np :)

Spoiler