BF4 GPU Help

Sherako

I was wondering what GPU I should get to play BF4 Ultra 60+ FPS. I was sooooo close to getting a 290, but then I realized that the software of the NVidia side would DEFINANTLY be worth the switch. I am not a fanboy, I am just asking what GPU I should get. I would like to get some future-proofiness because I hate 3 way SLI and sometimes even 2 way. On my Xbox so I can't copy and paste, so just look at my signature for my specs. Disregard 290.

I trip to make the fall shorter

770 or 780

Its all looks these days

Wait for the 800 series to come out in "supposedly" October.

Wait for maxwell but if you have to buy now get the 770 or 780. Might not get 60 fps 100% of the time but still a solid card

What software ? nvidia has nothing that AMD doesn't. Please tell me what software it is that you want then go out and get an R9 290 like most others because it's a boss card that is priced right which is something you wont get going to nvidia.

A card close to the budget of your R9 290 is the GTX 770. The 770 will run BF4 with 1080p @ 60+ fps.

What software exclusives? because pretty much all the new Nvidia stuff AMD has an alternative to.

A card close to the budget of your R9 290 is the GTX 770. The 770 will run BF4 with 1080p @ 60+ fps.

But the Vram will cap out and cause swapping from the HDD. The 770 has to crippled of a memory capacity.

What software exclusives? because pretty much all the new Nvidia stuff AMD has an alternative to.

Basically he got suckered by the nvida fanboys and nvidia marketing team to think that there is no alternative that is as good or even better LOL.

But the Vram will cap out and cause swapping from the HDD. The 770 has to crippled of a memory capacity.

Oh, good point. I guess I would then suggest a GTX 770 4GB.

Basically he got suckered by the nvida fanboys and nvidia marketing team to think that there is no alternative that is as good or even better LOL.

Local gamestream for me, and the fact that every good game has game works.

Oh, good point. I guess I would then suggest a GTX 770 4GB.

770 4GB is even more expensive than an R9 290. The R9 is cheaper than a 770 and perfoms better than a 780 ... Logic would dictate that we should see what kind of "nvidia only" software he wants to use and then change his mind back to reality LOL.

770 4GB is even more expensive than an R9 290. The R9 is cheaper than a 770 and perfoms better than a 780 ... Logic would dictate that we should see what kind of "nvidia only" software he wants to use and then change his mind back to reality LOL.

Nvidia shield. Now stop judging his decisions. He wants a Nvidua card, he can get one.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Local gamestream for me, and the fact that every good game has game works.

What games even have "gameworks" AMD has the same shit plus it's an actual API. Game Devs are moving towards AMD because of the consoles plus Mantle already has 57 partners which is more support than Physx ever had. Game Works is just some marketing speak that really has very little developer backing at this point. Please list all nvidia "Gameworks" games please.

Nvidia shield. Now stop judging his decisions. He wants a Nvidua card, he can get one.

Are you the OP LOL .

Are you the OP LOL .

No, I'm just saying let him do what he pleases. I prefer nvidia and he may too. There is no reason to be condescending and tell him to come back to reality.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

No, I'm just saying let him do what he pleases. I prefer nvidia and he may too. There is no reason to be condescending and tell him to come back to reality.

That's not condescending that's reality. Why pay more for less ? Please stay on topic you are derailing the thread.

Um, the 290 is better, even if you have a shied just to bad, its not worth losing that much performance if you got a 770.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

That's not condescending that's reality. Why pay more for less ? Please stay on topic you are derailing the thread.

I am not derailing the thread. You did by telling him to get AMD when he clearly stated that he wanted nvidia. You are clearly a fanboy. While my title says I am a nvidia fanboy I have actually recommended AMD in certain situations. Now you should stop derailing threads and try to help the OP..

You are clearly a fanboy.

Only to my wallet friend. nvidia does not offer enough extra of anything to justify paying more for said product. In fact nvidia often offers less for the dollar currently. This is why I recomend the OP go AMD unless he is willing to shell out $1000 for a green card. The only time it makes sense to go nvidia right now is if you are a fanboy.

I am not derailing the thread. You did by telling him to get AMD when he clearly stated that he wanted nvidia. You are clearly a fanboy. While my title says I am a nvidia fanboy I have actually recommended AMD in certain situations. Now you should stop derailing threads and try to help the OP..

both of you leave, you made your points thank you for the input. But just screw off.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Only to my wallet friend. nvidia does not offer enough extra of anything to justify paying more for said product. In fact nvidia often offers less for the dollar currently. This is why I recomend the OP go AMD unless he is willing to shell out $1000 for a green card. The only time it makes sense to go nvidia right now is if you are a fanboy.

For my leaving post I'll ask why is there only one AMD in Linus' office? Good bye.

both of you leave, you made your points thank you for the input. But just screw off.

Thank you for your input as well. Screw off as well.

For my leaving post I'll ask why is there only one AMD in Linus' office? Good bye.

Cause he's an nvidiot and get free shit to promote the green turd. BF4 has Mantle and needs more than 2GB of Vram to play properly. Logic would dictate that it would stand to reason to go AMD on this one my friend.

Cause he's an nvidiot and get free shit to promote the green turd.

Hey guys did you hear that @LinusTech is an idiot? I heard he knows nothing about computer hardware at all! He just buys what ever for no reason! /s

Let's get back to the topic. What nvidia card will suit the op's needs. My vote goes to the 780.