How does this build look?

swg

So this will be the first computer I've ever built. I got a friend of mine to help me pick out some parts and clarify some things for me, and wanted to know what everyone's opinion is.

What could be better?

What could I change? etc., etc.

Here's what I've got so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9k2Gbv

I'm mainly going to be using this for gaming/streaming while gaming/programming and coding and graphic design.

I do the two later things professionally.

I wish I would've gotten more into building computers earlier than I did, but it's never too late to start!

So, everyone, what's your opinion?

Thanks!

(btw, my budget is $3k)

Good job, just sucks you can't fit another 780TI in it D:

Diamond 5 in League :)

Looks good to me...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nice build a few of the parts a little expensive for your needs but thats okay if thats what you want. Just get a smaller case. You could park your car in the 900d with the space you will have left. :)

You can do the stuff you want to do with a much cheaper system.

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($133.59 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($379.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($379.99 @ NCIX US) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($65.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $2010.76

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-27 22:27 EDT-0400

Looks all good. I would get a different case, such as a 750D or something similar, instead of a massive case like the 900D.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Its looking good so far! Im not 100% sure about the 6 core CPU but if you want something that will last a LONG time go ahead and keep it. But if you decided to downgrade some stuff maybe to like 16gb of ram, a different CPU and not a ton of Overkill on the Case..

You might be able to squeeze another 780ti in there. 

It'd be cutting it close but yeah!

Yea, I actually did end up getting another case (which I've already purchased, lol).

The one I've bought is the: "NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Chassis with RGB Color Changing Lights and Fan Control CA-PH820-M1, Matte Black"

Do you need the system soon? Many guys are saying that Haswell-E is right around the corner.

Do you need the system soon? Many guys are saying that Haswell-E is right around the corner.

Yea, I do. My previous desktop died about a month ago, been using this really terrible laptop just to get by.

It can't even handle having NetBeans and putty open at the same time. ._.

Just a little over budget... Overkill for what you need, but with a budget like yours, why not? But it will do you good in the long run, and you can switch to 4K if you ever desire to. :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y3tGbv

16GB is probably more than enough. :)

It's definitely not "more then enough" he isn't just a gamer if you read his post

All right, so I've ordered everything guys! Pretty excited, this will be the best PC I've ever had and the first PC I've ever built! :D

Could anyone recommend some good videos to watch that go over building your PC? Would really appreciate it!

true if you are not a gamer only and do some other things like video and 3 render 16 is the really minimum you need.

this is the build that i came up with it is dual 290x 32gb ram on 2133mhz and latency of 9

i got a fast ssd for main drive and a WD red (better than black) it got more features for error corrections and is made to run 24/7 if you got long projects this drive wont let you down.

also got a 1000 watt psu for some headroom if you want to oc for more performance or extra hardware that needs power.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($576.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($214.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Redline 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($339.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP920 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ TigerDirect)
Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($122.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB IceQ X² Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($509.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB IceQ X² Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($509.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ TigerDirect)
Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($154.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse  ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2978.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-29 15:34 EDT-0400

And its all in the budget with the 22$ you can catch a cold beer for when you assemble it ;)