Need a little help choosing my GPU and PSU.

Keep in mind that this PC is JUST a gaming and entertainment build, i'm not going do do anything other than that with it.

The build i'm planning on getting ATM -- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gqwbTW   I'm definitely getting all of the listed parts except for the GPU, PSU, and fans.  If i choose an AMD card, i'll get red fans, green if nvidia, and i'll need a bigger PSU for AMD cards as well.  (if i go with AMD i'll most likely be getting dual 295x2's and i'll need like 1300W)

I was pretty much sold on the 295x2's about a week ago, the only problem i saw at the time was no gamestream. (i want a shield pretty bad anyway)  Then i heard about the new 800 series and i had to go back to the drawing board, again.  I was wondering if i should just get 780Ti's in SLI and use the cash i save by not spending 3K on cards to get a shield, (i'd wait for Linus to review the shield tablet before i bought the portable, of course) or wait for the 800 series?  I'm still open to the AMD route because i know it's a beast of a GPU, but for the extra heat, power consumption, and no gamestream, i just don't know.

Now on to the PSU.  I'm pretty sure the one i have on the partpicker is already pretty good, but extra opinions to help me make the right decision on my first gaming rig would help out quite a bit.  Also if you could list a good PSU that will drive all the parts listed + 2 295x2's just in case i choose those, that would be really helpful.

I've already bought most of the parts, all except for the PSU, GPU, case fans, and the SSD.  I'm just trying to make a decision on the GPU at this point. (which of course will determine which PSU i get as well)

Thanks 

~Ducky

Go with two 780tis and get a shield tablet.

Then get a 1200i or 1500i from corsair :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Keep in mind that this PC is JUST a gaming and entertainment build, i'm not going do do anything other than that with it.

The build i'm planning on getting ATM -- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gqwbTW   I'm definitely getting all of the listed parts except for the GPU, PSU, and fans.  If i choose an AMD card, i'll get red fans, green if nvidia, and i'll need a bigger PSU for AMD cards as well.  (if i go with AMD i'll most likely be getting dual 295x2's and i'll need like 1300W)

I was pretty much sold on the 295x2's about a week ago, the only problem i saw at the time was no gamestream. (i want a shield pretty bad anyway)  Then i heard about the new 800 series and i had to go back to the drawing board, again.  I was wondering if i should just get 780Ti's in SLI and use the cash i save by not spending 3K on cards to get a shield, (i'd wait for Linus to review the shield tablet before i bought the portable, of course) or wait for the 800 series?  I'm still open to the AMD route because i know it's a beast of a GPU, but for the extra heat, power consumption, and no gamestream, i just don't know.

Now on to the PSU.  I'm pretty sure the one i have on the partpicker is already pretty good, but extra opinions to help me make the right decision on my first gaming rig would help out quite a bit.  Also if you could list a good PSU that will drive all the parts listed + 2 295x2's just in case i choose those, that would be really helpful.

I've already bought most of the parts, all except for the PSU, GPU, case fans, and the SSD.  I'm just trying to make a decision on the GPU at this point. (which of course will determine which PSU i get as well)

Thanks 

~Ducky

Well.. IMO I dont think 780TI is a good choice over the 780, even if you have more money, that gain is really not big enough to justified the cost, so I'd suggest 2 6GB GTX 780 instead, since you probably going with >1440p resolution anyway (like a 3 monitors 1080p is still counted as >1440p resolution) so the extra memory will help alot. if you plan to game on 1 1080p or 1440p monitor then there's no point getting 2 GPU.

So with that in mind the PSU should be a 750+W PSU, so add a little overheader and get a 800-850W PSU from Corsair/CoolerMaster or Seasonic and you are fine.

Case fans is pretty much not needed since the included fans with the case is quite good, you may want other if you want some LED or smt else.

SSD that one you choose is ok... but games dont benefit much from running on SSD except that it loading time will be faster, which excluding the BF4 the loading time is only about a few seconds faster for a game running on an SSD compare to running on HDD, and since games now aday took too much space I'd suggest getting a 250-500GB SSD for the OS + a few games you play the most of have the longest loading time (probably single player game only, since in online game you have to wait for other people either way), and a 2-3-4TB HDD to store the rest.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Go with two 780tis and get a shield tablet.

Then get a 1200i or 1500i from corsair :)

Well.. IMO I dont think 780TI is a good choice over the 780, even if you have more money, that gain is really not big enough to justified the cost, so I'd suggest 2 6GB GTX 780 instead, since you probably going with >1440p resolution anyway (like a 3 monitors 1080p is still counted as >1440p resolution) so the extra memory will help alot. if you plan to game on 1 1080p or 1440p monitor then there's no point getting 2 GPU.

So with that in mind the PSU should be a 750+W PSU, so add a little overheader and get a 800-850W PSU from Corsair/CoolerMaster or Seasonic and you are fine.

Case fans is pretty much not needed since the included fans with the case is quite good, you may want other if you want some LED or smt else.

SSD that one you choose is ok... but games dont benefit much from running on SSD except that it loading time will be faster, which excluding the BF4 the loading time is only about a few seconds faster for a game running on an SSD compare to running on HDD, and since games now aday took too much space I'd suggest getting a 250-500GB SSD for the OS + a few games you play the most of have the longest loading time (probably single player game only, since in online game you have to wait for other people either way), and a 2-3-4TB HDD to store the rest.

Guess i forgot to mention that this rig will be a 4K gaming rig :P, so i'll have my main 4K asus monitor, and a 1080p one on the side running livestreams/videos and stuff like that.   I'd rather have an SSD to be honest.  I know the included fans are nice, but i want to go for the whole team green/red thing. 

Guess i forgot to mention that this rig will be a 4K gaming rig :P  I'd rather have an SSD to be honest.  I know the included fans are nice, but i want to go for the whole team green/red thing. 

So it made perfect sense to go with the 6GB version of the GTX 780 :P the normal 780Ti will not be very good on 4k after all :3

So like I said just get a 500GB SSD and 2-3TB HDD :P but well, up to you on this matter.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Would the 800 series be that much better than a 780 Ti/780 6GB?  I don't have the proper funds to buy it NOW anyway, i will have the money in like a month and a half. (im guessing i'll just have to wait and see)'

Would the 800 series be that much better than a 780 Ti/780 6GB?  I don't have the proper funds to buy it NOW anyway, i will have the money in like a month and a half. (im guessing i'll just have to wait and see)'

Well... no one know since there's only rumor about the 800 series now... The 880 rumored to be 20% more powerful compare to a 780, so I guess it worth waiting,