Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws Z series 16gb 4x4 ddr3 1600 
Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD  ---Boot drive
WD Green 1.5TB 3.5" HDD  --- Storage
WD Red 3TB 3.5" HDD   ----Storage
WD Black 1TB 3.5" 7HDD ----Game Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card 
Windows 8.1 pro

3 monitors - 2x1080 1x1050

Since December I have been having a problem with playing certain games, mostly Borderlands 2.  Since then it will play occasionally but its been getting worse.  When the game starts, nothing wrong looks great, (only play on one screen btw) plays wonderfully.  I start playing and within five or ten minutes I start seeing artifacts on the screen and within seconds the Graphics Drivers crash.  When this first started I rolled back drivers, pushed onto beta drivers, tried several, no difference.  

Now I just run the newest drivers, several game no longer play, including borerland 2, have random screen shuttering, and random graphic drivers crashes, sometimes even when on the desktop.  Have already had memtest on all of my ram, no errors.  

Some Software That is always running in background includes Rainmeter, Truecrypt on the 2 storage drives, onedrive sync client, normally 5-20 chrome tabs open, and Advast, thats it.  

any Ideas?  IS it my card or just software?

Thanks in advance

Since you already stated trying several drivers and that you are now on the newest suggests a broken card but then you should have troubles in every game, not a select few.

Still though the last things I can recommend before buying a new card would be to reinstall the games that don't work. Have nothing open in the background (though that shouldn't help unless something demanding is closed). If you have OC'd anything revert it back to stock and retest everything.

As a last resort reinstall windows etc and go to bios and select default settings then see if it still happens.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I know this is what idiot IT people tell people as there first question but are your gpu power cables plugged in properly and what power supply are you usingl.

I've re installed my quite large steam library (fills most of the drive 40gb free out of 960) since December, even wiped everything from both my C: drive and the game drive (D:) and did a fresh install of windows, and then everything worked but borderlands 2, now more problems so I don't know.  I read something on reddit a while ago that some kepler cards just had problems with the game, but could never find proof.  I want to try my card in another pc, but won't beable to until sept when I'm back at school.

I know this is what idiot IT people tell people as there first question but are your gpu power cables plugged in properly and what power supply are you usingl.

raidmax 850 gold semi-modular its 2-3 years old, only bought such a big one cause it was cheap and semi modular