What do you think the starting price of the GTX 880 will be?

Wesley219

I heard they will be giving them away for free

Just pay $700 in shipping and handling.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

You could get 2x Radeon R9 290 cards for the price of the new nvidiot flagship.

Cause nvidia are greedy cock sucker that have never historically offered any kind of value for high end or any end for that matter. Going by historical precedence the new nvidia flagship will be at leased $700 or more.

I don't know what on earth you're talking about. but you sound greedier than Nvidia. they haven't offered "any kind of value for high end or any end for that matter"; hell AMD hasn't released anything better, don't complain and get a job as a nano engineer and make your own damn chip than. one less sale won't matter to them :)

You could get 2x Radeon R9 290 cards for the price of the new nvidiot flagship.

than get that and shutup about it. 

Edit: not trying to be harsh but people really need to stop with this stuff.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I don't know what on earth you're talking about. but you sound greedier than Nvidia. they haven't offered "any kind of value for high end or any end for that matter"; hell AMD hasn't released anything better, don't complain and get a job as a nano engineer and make your own damn chip than. one less sale won't matter to them :)

than get that and shutup about it.

Ya I guess spending $100 less on a card that performs as good or better is not offering increased value to you LOL. Your full of nvidiot mantra !

Ya I guess spending $100 less on a card that performs as good or better is not offering increased value to you LOL. Your full of nvidiot mantra !

I use Cuda quit being so dense. AMD can't compete in autodesk/adobe.  

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I use Cuda quit being so dense. AMD compete in autodesk/adobe.  

Adobe now uses OpenCL which runs faster on AMD than it does using Cuda. Also buy a professional card if you are using pro software. .... This forum is about "gaming GPU" not workstation corporate shit.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6881/opencl-support-coming-to-adobe-premiere-pro-for-windows

Adobe now uses OpenCL which runs faster on AMD than it does using Cuda.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6881/opencl-support-coming-to-adobe-premiere-pro-for-windows

that still completely leaves out autodesk/vray and all those programs. 

Computing enthusiast. 

that still completely leaves out autodesk/vray and all those programs. 

Change programs that use open standards such as but not limited to openCL. Cheaper, better more efficient Open Standar4ds are the way of the future.

Probably gonna be $650~700

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

It will be 499$ MAX. If they priced it any higher, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Due to ease of manufacturing and constant bashing by AMD (in terms of prices), it will be similar priced as the 6xx series on launch.

It will be 499$ MAX. If they priced it any higher, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Due to ease of manufacturing and constant bashing by AMD (in terms of prices), it will be similar priced as the 6xx series on launch.

Historically nvidia has always been high priced between $650 and $700 for launch pricing. nvidia will never release a flagship card for $500 why you ask .... because they never have.

I'm just gonna think $800, that way if it's cheaper I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it's more then... well, whatever. I'm buying one anyways to go along with the ASUS Rog Swift monitor I'll get around to buying too.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Historically nvidia has always been high priced between $650 and $700 for launch pricing. nvidia will never release a flagship card for $500 why you ask .... because they never have.

Huh? The 580, 680 etc have all launched at 499$. Nvidia got carried away with the 780 because they had no competition and priced it at 650$, but very soon dropped it down to 499$.

Huh? The 580, 680 etc have all launched at 499$. Nvidia got carried away with the 780 because they had no competition and priced it at 650$, but very soon dropped it down to 499$.

They had no competition with the 680 either.

You forgot the 7970.

7970 was the answer to the 580 if I remember correctly. 680 was an all new GPU.

And the 680 is the answer to the 7970

Was just replying to another dude that claimed that the reason the 780 was really overpriced was because in his opinion it had no competition.

Oh ok, my bad :P. Nvidia is famous for over pricing their gpu, and the 880 is no exception, especially amd when doesn't have a counter

They had no competition with the 680 either.

That was because it was priced at 499$. But once they priced the 780 at 650$, Amd grabbed a huge market since their GPU's was far more powerful and cheaper.

$1337

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

This... why on earth would they not undercut AMD? 20% more performance than a 780ti for 599$ it will force amd to drop prices and they'll just release a 870 so they can drop the 870 to 499$. because it's only 480mm... hawaii is 431mm for 550. so they could do that. fif they really want to be mean they could put it at 550$

You didn't get the reference, did you?

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V