PCI IDE host adapter for optical drives

Speedbird

Hello,

I have 2 IDE optical drives in my old PC and I replaced it's motherboard. Can anyone recommend me a PCI host adapter tat works with optical drives?

Sorry if this isn't the right section. I couldn't find the right one so I put it here.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Would that even be worth buying? Just get SATA drives, they cost less than 15 € apiece.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Just buy a new optical drive.

Umm, you can still use an IDE host connector that works for both hard drives and optical drives. It will still work.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Umm, you can still use an IDE host connector that works for both hard drives and optical drives. It will still work.

I bought one and that only works with hard disks.

I bought one and that only works with hard disks.

How do you know? I bought one and it worked for both. Seems odd.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

How do you know? I bought one and it worked for both. Seems odd.

I plugged 2 optical drives into it. The motherboard didn't find them and neither did the host adapter.

I plugged 2 optical drives into it. The motherboard didn't find them and neither did the host adapter.

Hmmm, did you install the drivers?

Hmmm, did you install the drivers?

Can't install. No OS.

Can't install. No OS.

What do you mean no OS? No computer at all?

What do you mean no OS? No computer at all?

I have a computer of course, but it has no OS installed.

I have a computer of course, but it has no OS installed.

Why don't you have one installed?

Why don't you have one installed?

1) I prefer DVD installation media

2) I have no Windows keys

3) The host adapter doesn't have Linux drivers.

I'm actually making an Ubuntu Server USB as I'm posting this (This PC will be used as a home server).