Noctua NH-U14s or NH-D14?

jackhooks21

The D14 should perform better than the U14s.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Noctua maintains a pritty extensive list of compatibility might be worth heading over to their site

Hyper 212 EVO

I have the U14s and my cpu (no overclock yet) has never gone past 60 degrees C

NH-D14 will fit totaly fine. in th Phantom 630.

I got a Phanteks PH-TC-14PE in my Phantom 530.

Phanteks is bigger then the NH-D14.

Phanteks PH-TC14PE is also a good cooler to look at by the way.

its better then the NH-D14. And you can get them in diffrent colors.

I need a new cooler for my CPU. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pChcGX

I'm worried about clearance with the NH-D14, but I think it performs better then the NH-U14s  

The D14 is not compatible with your RAM, get the U14s.It performs similarily anyway.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

NH-D14 will fit totaly fine. in th Phantom 630.

I got a Phanteks PH-TC-14PE in my Phantom 530.

Phanteks is bigger then the NH-D14.

Phanteks PH-TC14PE is also a good cooler to look at by the way.

its better then the NH-D14. And you can get them in diffrent colors.

No problem with the D14, so get it (it's currently only 60$: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14)

The D14 should perform better than the U14s.

His RAM is too tall for the D14.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

The D14 is not compatible with your RAM, get the U14s.It performs similarily anyway.

He has 4 RAM slots, just move the interfering one to another slot.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

If your RAM is too tall you should consider getting a D15 if possible, it should support it.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

He has 4 RAM slots, just move the interfering one to another slot.

Alot of the time, the D14 hangs over the 1st and 2nd slot, so moving them further away wouldn't do anything.

Alot of the time, the D14 hangs over the 1st and 2nd slot, so moving them further away wouldn't do anything.

He has 2 RAM sticks, he moves them to Slot3 and Slot4, problem solved.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

He has 2 RAM sticks, he moves them to Slot3 and Slot4, problem solved.

I thought duel channel ram sticks have to have a space between them i.e slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4

I thought duel channel ram sticks have to have a space between them i.e slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4

Nope.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Nope.

I'm pretty sure that for Dual Channel you need 1/3 or 2/4 setup mate.

I'm pretty sure that for Dual Channel you need 1/3 or 2/4 setup mate.

Depends on the mobo. Check the manual first.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Depends on the mobo. Check the manual first.

9 times out of 10, I would be right though, slots 1/3 and 2/4 are mostly necessary or optimal.

9 times out of 10, I would be right though, slots 1/3 and 2/4 are mostly necessary or optimal.

OPTIMAL, you don't have to run dual channel.

He should just get the NH D15 (compatible with the RAM).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Yes offcourse with big aircoolers, you need to chance your ram for low profile ram, like G.skill Ares

Or Corsair vengeance LP. or what not.

I need a new cooler for my CPU. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pChcGX

I'm worried about clearance with the NH-D14, but I think it performs better then the NH-U14s  

The DeltaT on the D14 is only 1 degree Celsius lower than that of the NH-U14S on an 85W Intel CPU (aka your 4690K). Get the U14S and forget all your RAM compatibility problems. The U14S has your back for a mid-high OC.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.