help needed about down/upgrading from windows 8 to window 7

ryuci

hey guys new here, currently own a toshiba qosmio X870 laptop, and it comes pre-installed with windows 8, now i admit that in general it is faster than 7 but it's just... less compatible with other software like fraps for example.... and i think i could sacrifice my boot speed for compatibility... and for that i'm thinking of changing to windows 7....and because i'm not really a tech guy (i do know my way around it so to say)..... my question is, will all my software and drivers that i installed and updated for 8 work on 7? or should i update and install it all over again,..

why do i ask this qestion u may ask? well, because in few websites that i read, it said that windows 7 and windows 8 is similar....

thanks before guys

What is the laptop make + model? Shouldn't be hard to find Windows 7 versions of it's drivers.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Less compatible... who needs fraps desktop recording and there's better software out there. It's not just boot speed, it's overall faster. I see no real benefit to switching to 7. Basically everything that works on 7 works on 8 with few exceptions maybe.

What is the laptop make + model? Shouldn't be hard to find Windows 7 versions of it's drivers.

toshiba X870 actually there was an older model with the same specs and name, only, the old model used 7... so i thought maybe..just maybe... there will be no problem whatsoever...but i never done OS changing before... so not really sure

Less compatible... who needs fraps desktop recording and there's better software out there. It's not just boot speed, it's overall faster. I see no real benefit to switching to 7. Basically everything that works on 7 works on 8 with few exceptions maybe.

well yeah, it's just an example xD... currently using Xplit....but overall i just want to use 7 i mean some software like skype for example (yes..skype) doesn't really work with 8, force closes all the time, and the 8 version just suck.balls...

Dont worry...... if u have to downgrade to 7 then you can downgrade to it....... don't worry about software compatibility either. I myself still prefer 7 over 8

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

First, downgrading to Windows 7 is the stupidest idea every, seriously, you should definitely reconsider that. Everything is much faster on Windows 8 and unless you are using some very specific and old program, everything has a version working on this OS. Second, if you are have done that and yous till want to downgrade, that shouldn't be so difficult, because 99% of the drivers for Windows 8 will work on the older version as well. 

PS: How could you not get Fraps to run on Windows 8? I have it on my computer since the Developer Preview of the operating system and I haven't had the slightest trouble with it?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Dont worry...... if u have to downgrade to 7 then you can downgrade to it....... don't worry about software compatibility either. I myself still prefer 7 over 8

ok then, thanks for the answer, i too, still prefere 7 over 8

First, downgrading to Windows 7 is the stupidest idea every, seriously, you should definitely reconsider that. Everything is much faster on Windows 8 and unless you are using some very specific and old program, everything has a version working on this OS. Second, if you are have done that and yous till want to downgrade, that shouldn't be so difficult, because 99% of the drivers for Windows 8 will work on the older version as well. 

PS: How could you not get Fraps to run on Windows 8? I have it on my computer since the Developer Preview of the operating system and I haven't had the slightest trouble with it?

true everything is working faster, and most of my software worked as it should.. well "most"......... the reason why i want to change to 7 is.....i have a built in blu-ray 3D player because this laptop supports 3D and it never really works properly, , so i asked to the toshiba forums and they said their player is working fine, and when i asked, none of them are using 7. i also plays battlefield 4, and it just wont launch, after i read the forum it said i need to update to 8.1, so i did... and yes, i can play the game... but i noticed that the blu ray player won't even play anything now, not even a DVD,CD.. anything.... also metro 2033 doesn't work... and saints row 2 doesn't work either..skype for windows doesn't work either (don't tell me to use the 8 version.. it sucks).... this type of thing just pisses me off....i like 8... i really do, but only for how fast it is... overall i would still prefer 7 over 8..

anyway thanks for your answer

so its safe to assume that  99% of the driver  that are installed on my 8  now will work when i changed to 7 without the need to update it and whatnot?

PS:  nonono i got it to work, it just  some feature are not usable like the "monitor aero desktop" fucntion

overall i think my point is, (well at least in my experience)... using 8 is like give and take,,, you got faster response on the cost of compatibility, some software works, some don't... and speaking of compatibility, i once tried to update my nvidia drivers and everytime i boot the laptop it come out as a black screen i need to put my laptop on sleep mode first, then turn it on again to make the lock screen appear.....