Low-profile gaming keyboards

PCGamingJoe

My keyboard isn't branded with anything "gaming" and has cost me over $200. It's mechanical and could survive a tank riding over it. Mechanical keyboards really aren't overpriced for what they are in my opinion.

But honestly, rubber domes can be just as good for gaming as mechanical switches, it all depends on the user. The user has to try which ones he likes the best. I use mx blues, which quite some people find unusable for gaming but I love them. But saying there is no difference between rubber domes and mechanical switches is just not true. Maybe you tried switches like the cherry mx blacks (if I'm correct) which don't have tactical feedback and clickyness and are closer to domes in terms of feeling than say blues or browns.

I am using a keyboard with MX Browns and I feel the difference, for gaming it doesn't make any difference to me.

I love my Razer Deathstalker as a laptop replacement. The transition is really easy, and it's ALMOST as responsive as an Apple keyboard, while looking a whole lot better. The only complaints I can give are slightly dim backlight, and it's a tad expensive. If neither of those things stop you, then you can't go wrong with it.