Not euros dude, dollars. So more like 50 euros.

No it's €80 for me so 107.4448 U.S. dollars

GkJAAe9.jpg

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

I love this controller, mine however came with a broken cable, Razer was quick to replace it for me.

The only down side IMO is that if you decide to remove those buttons in the back, the rubber plugs won't actually stay on all that well, falling from time to time (at least once a day).

For ~80$/€ I'd expect it to be wireless. I don't see a reason to buy it (don't care about reprogramable buttons and backlight) when wireless X360 controllers sell for about 30€.

Nice review though.

i got one and i love it is really strong and durable

expensive but worth it

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

Let's see, 29.99$ for a wired xbox 360 joystick at NCIX, orrrrr 89.99$ for this useless piece of crap........

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

No it's €80 for me so 107.4448 U.S. dollars

GkJAAe9.jpg

Well then. That sucks for the people over there. $80 is overpriced even here. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Well then. That sucks for the people over there. $80 is overpriced even here.

It's what state imposed high cost of import gets you. I guess they think if they make it expensive to import things, their own countries will magically make better products.

Cool, more cost for four useless buttons, take my fucking cash Razer. /s

Actually it's six. :D

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Sounds good to me so far but I have another question - you mentioned earlier that you should plug in the cable to the controller first and then plug in the USB. Is there any particular reason for that? Cause it would be pretty convenient to leave in the USB cable and then plug in/unplug the controller as needed.

you can do that and I infact do, just be extra careful. The reason is if you did manage to plug it in wrong it swaps the data and power and you fry it.

I haven't used one and don't know anyone who owns one so I can borrow it. What I said was based on Luke's video and pictures. I'm all for paying extra for a more premium product but this one just doesn't seem that much better. I love the cable and the carrying case but that's kinda it. As a whole, I like it but not enough to buy it over the Microsoft one. And to be clear, I'm not saying that it's a bad product, or that people shouldn't buy it, but for me personally it just doesn't seem that much better.

That being said, I DO like some Razer products and I DO want a nice controller. Maybe their next one will fit the bill.

I highly suggest you check it out, once it is out. ;):D I mean they do have a legacy to live up to now.

I love this controller, mine however came with a broken cable, Razer was quick to replace it for me.

The only down side IMO is that if you decide to remove those buttons in the back, the rubber plugs won't actually stay on all that well, falling from time to time (at least once a day).

Yea i ust didnt even bother with them.

For ~80$/€ I'd expect it to be wireless. I don't see a reason to buy it (don't care about reprogramable buttons and backlight) when wireless X360 controllers sell for about 30€.

Nice review though.

Its intended for tournaments and stuff where wireless would be a no show. Also get wireless 360 to work with pc really is no fun. And has quite the cost associated with it.

My dirt cheap "Gamestop" brand 360 controller works perfect for a fraction of the price.

If youd say the same out a mouse or keyboard im not surprised.

you can do that and I infact do, just be extra careful. The reason is if you did manage to plug it in wrong it swaps the data and power and you fry it.

Ouch! Thanks for the warning!

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Its intended for tournaments and stuff where wireless would be a no show. Also get wireless 360 to work with pc really is no fun. And has quite the cost associated with it.

While finding an official wireless adapter can be a pain since MS stopped selling them it's not exactly a chore or expensive to get a wireless 360 pad working. There are enough $20 or less knock off adapters floating around (some are better than others) that you don't need to find a MS one. The better ones work exactly like the official deal. Plug it in, drivers are automatically installed, pair the controller, play. I was lucky enough to find an official bundle when I got mine and it was plug in, toss some batteries in the controller, let the drivers install, play. Nothing complicated about it.

While finding an official wireless adapter can be a pain since MS stopped selling them it's not exactly a chore or expensive to get a wireless 360 pad working. There are enough $20 or less knock off adapters floating around (some are better than others) that you don't need to find a MS one. The better ones work exactly like the official deal. Plug it in, drivers are automatically installed, pair the controller, play. I was lucky enough to find an official bundle when I got mine and it was plug in, toss some batteries in the controller, let the drivers install, play. Nothing complicated about it.

Minus that first bit for a official one and the other stuff I mentioned.

Minus that first bit for a official one and the other stuff I mentioned.

Yeah I was just disputing the part about it being expensive and "no fun". I actually like the way Razer did the cord on this controller. If they had a XB1 version that was significantly better looking and around the same price I'd be interested as I wouldn't mind having a XB1 controller dedicated for my PC but I'm not terribly interesting in buying one until MS makes a way for them to either work wireless or someone releases a good wired one. I don't use the one I have on my PC much now because it's annoying to have to relink it with the XB1 every single time I do that and I need to get a longer micro-USB cable so I'm not limited in how I can sit while using it.

how's the linux/osx support?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I don't see any driver downloads for drivers for it and it claims Windows will have the drivers. So I would say almost none unless a third party decides to make one. On the plus side, if it is depending on a generic Windows controller driver, I have no doubt that a Linux version exists to support such devices.

Its the same as any X360 controller.

As someone who used an onza as a "semi-pro" Gears player the placement of the sabertooths buttons feel weird.

I cried when my onza broke and razer had stopped producing them. Never had a controller like it for the xbox.

That said I neither play Gears or Xbox anymore so the sabertooth isn't a replacement for me.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

As someone who used an onza as a "semi-pro" Gears player the placement of the sabertooths buttons feel weird.

I cried when my onza broke and razer had stopped producing them. Never had a controller like it for the xbox.

That said I neither play Gears or Xbox anymore so the sabertooth isn't a replacement for me.

What didnt you like and im surprised that your onza lasted so long.

What didnt you like and im surprised that your onza lasted so long.

I made it last so long eventually even TLC couldn't keep her alive.

I didn't like the new triggers couldn't fire a hammerburst as fast as I used to.

I didn't like the size change of the multi function bumpers new size felt hard to press under pressure.

I missed the adjustable tension of the joysticks considering gears 1 and 2 had such limited sensitivity settings being able to set my own tension was a nice offset.

The onza to me was perfect had the it been built by a reliable manufacture how great it would have been. Now I can't stand using a 360 controller.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

-snip-

Still, if you need a cable you can always get the wired version of the X360 controller or that one from Logitech (there's a wireless version too).

I must say I didn't have any problems or difficulties getting the wireless X360 controller to work on Vista and Win7/8.