how does a camera sensor work?

i see that light goes through lenses, then through a colour filter, then the light sensor senses the light,

but how does it changes light intensity into digital binaries?

i;d like to know,

maybe cuz i don't know the right keywords?

i've searched for " how does light sensors work?"; and they just always skip how does it actually turn light into digital signals....

maybe like a solar panel connected to a transistor?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Light in the form of photons (in this case) strikes a matrix of dots on a camera chip. Depending on the inherent energy, carried by the photon, the sensor on the camera will produce varying voltages. This is because of the Photoelectric Effect.

Eg:

pelec.gif

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.