Audio Newbie looking for Desktop Headphone Setup

I'm a super newbie when it comes to audio, but I'm looking to start up a beginner 'real' setup. It's almost completely going to be a desktop thing, but occasionally I might want to take it with me on vacation and to work and stuff, though that would be a rare thing (too expensive to break, ya know!?) My mobo is an MSI Mpowerz77 if you need that. That's what will be hooked up for the most part. I also use an iPod nano 4th gen for my audio player, as well as an HTC One M8 for my phone (which I can also use for audio, i just usually don't currently)

What I've got so far is:

Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum

Amp/Dac: FiiO E07K

I'm mainly looking for music, gaming doesn't matter as much, though i DO do a lot of it, this is mainly a music and movie setup though. Over-ear is what i'm looking for, weight doesn't matter so much (I've been using Logitech G930's for a couple of years now so I've got neck muscles for days from that weight). A neutral to instrumental bias would be best, I've got pretty eclectic tastes, from Instrumental Jazz, to some pop, to gaming soundtracks.

Some albums for instance that i've been listening to recently (don't laugh at my shitty music choices haha) in no particular order:

Bastion

Transistor

Starbomb

Marshal Mathers LP2

Pure Heroine

The Heist

Tron: Legacy

Random Access Memories

Noir

Nitheren

The Hobbit OST

Gravel & Wine

Feeding the Lions

Ear Slayer

Curses From Past Times

Those are just a few.

Any recommendations? I'm open to any changes. My budget is 400 max for both headphone, amp, dac, and anything else. I'd prefer not to go so high though, if there are better alternatives for a better price range.

You really don't need to get an amp for those headphones, onboard would do. 

I would not recommend the Momentum for a desktop setup unless you've already tried a demo unit and like how it fits on your head.

I would not recommend the Momentum for a desktop setup unless you've already tried a demo unit and like how it fits on your head.

So what would you recommend? I don't have easy access to a pair to try them on. I don't mind them not being portable either, something like the Sennheiser HD 558s are also on my list of possibilities. Got any other recommendations from other companies? Haven't paid much attention to them.

So what would you recommend? I don't have easy access to a pair to try them on. I don't mind them not being portable either, something like the Sennheiser HD 558s are also on my list of possibilities. Got any other recommendations from other companies? Haven't paid much attention to them.

Well DT990's are a better headphone then the HD558's, and that would give you an excuse to get an amp, for that physical volume knob. 

Assuming a budget of $250 for the Momentum, you could bump up to a NAD Viso HP50 is you still wanted isolation and leather earpads. Numerous open options better than the 558 considering your budget - Philips Fidelio X1 and AKG's options come to mind.