AMD FX 8320 Temps

Rohit Jackdaw

I have an AMD FX 8320 at 4.2 Ghz. I am using a Hyper 212X Cooler. Previously load temps were at 67-69c while running OverDrive. So I was afraid as all said its bad. I remounted the cooler but this time horizontally and also added a top exhaust fan. Also previously I spread the TIM with my finger but this time I used dot method. I used a large dot but not much. I cleaned of old thermal material using an ordinary cloth from both the CPU and Heatsink. Now temps are around 59-60c. Am I safe now ? Should I care again about it ? Is this the max I can squeeze from my cooler ? Thanks.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

TBH mate, i'd knock it down to 4GHz, and try to keep max temps to 55c.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

55°C for a cpu is too overkill... My 4770k reaches 80°C, and is perfectly safe... You should worry only around 90°C...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

According to AMD site max is 62c. I have nowhwere found 55c. That's quite odd. I oced without increasing voltage so I doubt whether 5c will decrease or not.

TBH mate, i'd knock it down to 4GHz, and try to keep max temps to 55c.

55°C for a cpu is too overkill... My 4770k reaches 80°C, and is perfectly safe... You should worry only around 90°C...

4770K can run safely at that temps even though its high. But AMD says 8320s shouldn't cross 62c or something like that.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

According to AMD site max is 62c. I have nowhwere found 55c. That's quite odd. I oced without increasing voltage so I doubt whether 5c will decrease or not.

62 core temps. the Heat spreader/Socket temps will be higher and most people confuse that with with the CPU temps.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

That's strange, i mean, is a cpu, not a freezer...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

There is a BIG difference between intel and AMD cpus.

an AMD CPU should not exceed 62C.

intel should not exceed 90C

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4770K can run safely at that temps even though its high. But AMD says 8320s shouldn't cross 62c or something like that.

Every chip has different max temps, it'll be fine as long as you keep it under 62c, but for longevity i'd still say keep it under 55c when under full load.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Go into ure bios and make sure amd turbo core is turned off if ure overclocking it makes ure temps sky rocket! However im watercooled at 4.2 and in prime 95 i get up to 61 degrees so ure temps are really gd imo but dont push it anymore

Go into ure bios and make sure amd turbo core is turned off if ure overclocking it makes ure temps sky rocket! However im watercooled at 4.2 and in prime 95 i get up to 61 degrees so ure temps are really gd imo but dont push it anymore

In BIOS AMD Turbo is set to auto.

What about features like Cool and Quiet, C6.etc ?

There is a BIG difference between intel and AMD cpus.

an AMD CPU should not exceed 62C.

intel should not exceed 90C

The temps under package section in HWMonitor is the temp I am saying about and it maxes around 60c as mentioned earlier.

Turn them all off and that should help lower ure temps a bit

AMD measures temps differently than intel, so you really can't compare.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Turn them all off and that should help lower ure temps a bit

Will that harm performance at all ? im having the same issue sort of , my CPU gets to 61-62c while i play BF4 :/

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Turbo core allows single cores of ure cpu to overclock so if u have that on and u overclocked it manually your gonna have stability and heat issues and the cpu will throttle itself too so best to turn it off