Going to baseball game today

legend8887

the ones with the shirts on

(i have no idea, dont watch baseball)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Don't watch baseball. :0

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

What's baseball? Is that like a new game coming out soon or something?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

2boring4me

Since I'm a Baltimorian I like the Orioles.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

2boring4me

You must love golf then, amirite?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

did sports win?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I absolutely love baseball. Favorite team had definitely got to be the Atlanta Braves. (Yes I live in Georgia and yes that is a reason why they are my favorite.) 

I find it weird that people think it is boring but I will say, it is the only sport I can watch. I think soccer is incredibly boring and football is just plain retarded. (Yes, there are Americans that think football is dumb.) 

I also like to watch a little bit of golf as well. But that's only when I want to take a nap :P  

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

You must love golf then, amirite?

The most lively sport ever!

Jk :P

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I absolutely love baseball. Favorite team had definitely got to be the Atlanta Braves. (Yes I live in Georgia and yes that is a reason why they are my favorite.) 

Agree on all points. Hard to tell you like baseball from your avatar!  :P

the one that scores... :mellow:

Details separate people.

Agree on all points. Hard to tell you like baseball from your avatar! :P

Haha I thought it was really funny lol. I'm an umpire as well and that happened to me once and uhh it's not a great time...

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Haha I thought it was really funny lol. I'm an umpire as well and that happened to me once and uhh it's not a great time...

You're an umpire? Tell me more. :)

You're an umpire? Tell me more. :)

Yup! 

Started about 2 years ago and for right now I do Tee-ball through Minor (Ages 4-10). 

It's is absolutely amazing as it is my first job (I'm 17) and I get to do something that involves something that I love. 

I started playing baseball when I was 3 and I'm still not done however I have one more season before I get too old for the league that I'm in so it will be my last :( I'm actually really good too, just one problem, I'm only 5'7 so I'm too short to be anything. 

So even though my playing days will be over at the end of this year (and god I will miss it) umpiring gives me the chance to stay with the game and even get payed for it too.

If you have a park or something like that near you, I definitely suggest you to become one. 

Also, something that is really cool to think about is, you never know who the next Chipper Jones, or Derek Jeter will be. For all I know, I just called strike 3 on him  :D

My Computer

Beef Cake

Yup! 

Started about 2 years ago and for right now I do Tee-ball through Minor (Ages 4-10). 

It's is absolutely amazing as it is my first job (I'm 17) and I get to do something that involves something that I love. 

I started playing baseball when I was 3 and I'm still not done however I have one more season before I get too old for the league that I'm in so it will be my last :( I'm actually really good too, just one problem, I'm only 5'7 so I'm too short to be anything. 

So even though my playing days will be over at the end of this year (and god I will miss it) umpiring gives me the chance to stay with the game and even get payed for it too.

If you have a park or something like that near you, I definitely suggest you to become one. 

Also, something that is really cool to think about is, you never know who the next Chipper Jones, or Derek Jeter will be. For all I know, I just called strike 3 on him  :D

That last part, lol. You're 17 and you're doing that? I'm 14 and I'm taller than you. :) And can you explain to me when they call strike three what the heck they say? Lol, I can't understand what umpires say to save my life.

That last part, lol. You're 17 and you're doing that? I'm 14 and I'm taller than you. :) And can you explain to me when they call strike three what the heck they say? Lol, I can't understand what umpires say to save my life.

Realistically, you can say anything you want. I remember, growing up, there was an umpire that would say "Cha-Ching" for a strike and "Pow-Pow" for a strike 3 call. You can go on YouTube and see stuff that is even weirder but that is just the weirdest thing that I have seen in real life. For me, I say a loud strike (but fast) then pause, then the "3" after it for a strike 3 call. 

Also, umpiring while playing gives you a whole new view on the umpires. It's so easy to miss something that happened on the field.

Plus, after starting the job, when I go to the Braves game, I focus a lot more on the umpires than I did before and what I've noticed, is that they never lose concentration. At the MLB level, I would be too amazed that I am standing next Mike Trout or I just threw Bobby Cox out of the game lol. 

Also, you are 14. When I was 14, my team was number 7 in the nation and I thought that we would all be drafted out of high school to the Braves. My dad would always say that's never going to happen and I told him that I would prove him wrong. Well, I was wrong lol. Just remember what you are doing. Remember the tournaments that you play in and most importantly, play the game like it's going to be your last because you really do not know when your last game will be.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Realistically, you can say anything you want. I remember, growing up, there was an umpire that would say "Cha-Ching" for a strike and "Pow-Pow" for a strike 3 call. You can go on YouTube and see stuff that is even weirder but that is just the weirdest thing that I have seen in real life. For me, I say a loud strike (but fast) then pause, then the "3" after it for a strike 3 call. 

Also, umpiring while playing gives you a whole new view on the umpires. It's so easy to miss something that happened on the field.

Plus, after starting the job, when I go to the Braves game, I focus a lot more on the umpires than I did before and what I've noticed, is that they never lose concentration. At the MLB level, I would be too amazed that I am standing next Mike Trout or I just threw Bobby Cox out of the game lol. 

Also, you are 14. When I was 14, my team was number 7 in the nation and I thought that we would all be drafted out of high school to the Braves. My dad would always say that's never going to happen and I told him that I would prove him wrong. Well, I was wrong lol. Just remember what you are doing. Remember the tournaments that you play in and most importantly, play the game like it's going to be your last because you really do not know when your last game will be.

Have you ever had to throw anyone out of the game? If so, what for?

No not yet. 

There was a case that was close because the coach started to curse at me for making the right call lol. 

My Computer

Beef Cake

I do have a story from a umpire that I partnered with before. 

As you probably know, you cannot argue balls and strikes no matter what. Well this coach was and so eventually the umpire threw him out. Well the next day they had another game and again the coach was arguing balls and strikes. Tossed him AGAIN. The coach told him that he was ridiculous and that he would tell his boss that he was abusing his powers. The umpire told him to go ahead and call him. The umpire called his boss ( Myself and the umpire have the same boss) after the game and our boss told him that he would keep scheduling him for that specific coaches games lol.

My Computer

Beef Cake

I do have a story from a umpire that I partnered with before. 

As you probably know, you cannot argue balls and strikes no matter what. Well this coach was and so eventually the umpire threw him out. Well the next day they had another game and again the coach was arguing balls and strikes. Tossed him AGAIN. The coach told him that he was ridiculous and that he would tell his boss that he was abusing his powers. The umpire told him to go ahead and call him. The umpire called his boss ( Myself and the umpire have the same boss) after the game and our boss told him that he would keep scheduling him for that specific coaches games lol.

I've heard you can get tossed for arguing after a play has been reviewed.

I've heard you can get tossed for arguing after a play has been reviewed.

Yes you can. 

If an umpire made a call and the coach doesn't think it was the right call, the coach goes to the umpire that made the call, then asks for a review. In my league, we don't HAVE to give the review. For me, if the coach was polite enough and wasn't a dick about asking it then I will go to my partner. If I go to my partner, I use his call what ever it was. If I made the original call an out, and I got to my partner and he says that it was safe, then he is safe. If my partner didn't the play, then you stick with the original call but tell the coaches that both umpires agreed on it (even though we don't because one of the umpires didn't even see the play.) 

If an umpire argues a reviewed call excessively then yes he can be tossed. Hell, you can be tossed for asking excessively for a review in the first place. 

In the majors, all you have to do is ask for the review (now with the new rule) and you get it. If you argue after a reviewed call then you are immediately tossed. 

My Computer

Beef Cake

Yes you can. 

If an umpire made a call and the coach doesn't think it was the right call, the coach goes to the umpire that made the call, then asks for a review. In my league, we don't HAVE to give the review. For me, if the coach was polite enough and wasn't a dick about asking it then I will go to my partner. If I go to my partner, I use his call what ever it was. If I made the original call an out, and I got to my partner and he says that it was safe, then he is safe. If my partner didn't the play, then you stick with the original call but tell the coaches that both umpires agreed on it (even though we don't because one of the umpires didn't even see the play.) 

If an umpire argues a reviewed call excessively then yes he can be tossed. Hell, you can be tossed for asking excessively for a review in the first place. 

In the majors, all you have to do is ask for the review (now with the new rule) and you get it. If you argue after a reviewed call then you are immediately tossed.

I'm surprised the coaches/managers don't start attacking them because they can get VERY mad, especially in "professional" baseball. It doesn't seem like they get in real trouble no matter what they do.

I'm surprised the coaches/managers don't start attacking them because they can get VERY mad, especially in "professional" baseball. It doesn't seem like they get in real trouble no matter what they do.

In the pros, I'm pretty sure they pay a fine every time that get ejected. Depending on what they do, it could be a couple thousand dollars which to me is a ton but if you are making millions of dollars a year, it's pocket change. 

Plus, if you get hype frequently (like throwing bases or kicking dirt or throwing baseballs on the field), well it simply sells more tickets too.

My Computer

Beef Cake

In the pros, I'm pretty sure they pay a fine every time that get ejected. Depending on what they do, it could be a couple thousand dollars which to me is a ton but if you are making millions of dollars a year, it's pocket change. 

Plus, if you get hype frequently (like throwing bases or kicking dirt or throwing baseballs on the field), well it simply sells more tickets too.

I think it is for the show. If I got paid a lot it would be hard for me to get mad.