Friends new laptop

Swegly

This is what my friend wants me to post -

Hi, I have a problem with my laptop I purchased just 2 days ago, (brand new 24/07/2014). As good as the specs sounded to me, it really isn't the good laptop I expected it to be. The specs and the link to the laptop for more information is located at the end. This laptop I thought will be really super fast and a really good laptop for gaming and etc, unfortunately it sucks. I cant play a block game (minecraft) in high settings because the FPS will stay under 30 and it lags loads, when I asked in shop they said this laptop will run mostly all modern games with good FPS and its apparently a "experts recommended laptop". What sucks even more is that this laptop cannon be returned or replaced for another one. Whats even more funny to everyone else except me is when I turn on Minecraft, by Fan starts to literally shout. It makes so much noise, its unbearable, I read somewhere this is because a "high demanding" application is turned on which overheats the components or some other crap. I had a Sony laptop before this which I bought for cheaper, Less fan noise, 6GB RAM, Intel i5, and 1GB dedicated graphics card and it was really good. Is there any solution to my problems? Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

This is what my friend wants me to post -

Hi, I have a problem with my laptop I purchased just 2 days ago, (brand new 24/07/2014). As good as the specs sounded to me, it really isn't the good laptop I expected it to be. The specs and the link to the laptop for more information is located at the end. This laptop I thought will be really super fast and a really good laptop for gaming and etc, unfortunately it sucks. I cant play a block game (minecraft) in high settings because the FPS will stay under 30 and it lags loads, when I asked in shop they said this laptop will run mostly all modern games with good FPS and its apparently a "experts recommended laptop". What sucks even more is that this laptop cannon be returned or replaced for another one. Whats even more funny to everyone else except me is when I turn on Minecraft, by Fan starts to literally shout. It makes so much noise, its unbearable, I read somewhere this is because a "high demanding" application is turned on which overheats the components or some other crap. I had a Sony laptop before this which I bought for cheaper, Less fan noise, 6GB RAM, Intel i5, and 1GB dedicated graphics card and it was really good. Is there any solution to my problems? Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Link to main Specs - http://gyazo.com/a71580cc0cef1931b10c9aa25a4b7235

Rest of the Specs - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-15-j151sa-15-6-laptop-silver-10011520-pdt.html#longDesc

Yeah, I'm sorry, but that isn't that great of a laptop. I'm not trying to sound nasty or anything but the laptop just isn't that great. I've seen better for around the same price or not much more. I'm sorry that your friend got conned into buying such a weak laptop. :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Should've gone with an Intel......

But seriously you're gonna want all the CPU power you can get for Minecraft.

I wouldn't recommend HP just simply because they use AMD for laptops, which are generally underpowered even for a budget laptop. Yes, I have experience with an HP laptop. AMD Desktop CPUs on the other hand are very good for budget builds but still don't do as well as their Intel counterparts except when you are talking about APUs, but we will see how Broadwell Intel CPUs will do with Intel Iris Pro graphics.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Thanks guys

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I have had bad experiences with amd laptops they just tend to generate more heat than intel ones. try to find an intel haswell laptop.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

if i were you i would take it back and get a refund and build a pc 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER