Setting up my TV as a second monitor to watch movies on

minimalist
Go to solution Solved by Askew,

780ti. Sorry it took so long to respond.

Just plug it into the HDMI port on the 780ti and it will add automatically.

Then go into nvidia control panel, go to set up multiple displays and then you can tell it which side of your primary monitor the new display is, this way you will move your mouse to the correct edge of your primary monitor in order to have the cursor travel straight into the TV.

You will also be to select the tv as an audio device in the Windows playback devices setting, and have the PC audio sent through the HDMI to the tv if and when desired.

Next, look in the menu of the tv and see if it has an RGB range full/limited option or any kind of option that looks like that. Post back with your findings on this part, as if you are going to be watching movies on the tv it is important to have the colour space set up correctly, I'll guide you through that next.

If you can't find out, post the model of your TV. :)

Glad you found it. makes life a lot easier, doesn't it? :P

Only about 10x easier lol

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive.