Budget competetive gaming screen.

z3kron

Hey,

I really dont understand stuff about screens but im looking for a standart sized screen with 1080p resoliution 75/120h very low display and input lags and nice colours.

Looking for that kind of monitor for a low price

I like my Acer H236HLBID, It's 1080p, 5ms response time, IPS, thin, lots of connection options, for only about $120-150USD depending on where you buy. Oh forgot to mention its got a really thing bezel which is great if you want to add another one.

From 135$

Here's a refurbished H236HLBID from newegg for only $120.

no such thing, for competetive play you need 120hz

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Here's a refurbished H236HLBID from newegg for only $120.

he asked for a competetive gaming screen, IPS is for casuals.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Well okay, but he said he didn't know about screens, suggesting he doesn't know about refresh rates. If your pc can't get atleast up to 60+FPS there is no reason to go 120hz, its just more expensive.

The monitor your asking for doesn't exist, your asking for something with..

- low response times

- ips display

- 120hz refresh rate

- under $135

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

- low response times

- ips display

- 120hz refresh rate

- under $135

he said nice colors, a good TN panel has good color, about as good as a cheap IPS

For 135$ and low response time, your option would be only those standard 1080p TN panel monitors at 21.5 inches with not that impressive color reproduction. They have 1-3ms response time.

Well okay, but he said he didn't know about screens, suggesting he doesn't know about refresh rates. If your pc can't get atleast up to 60+FPS there is no reason to go 120hz, its just more expensive.

- low response times

- ips display

- 120hz refresh rate

- under $135

For 135$ and low response time, your option would be only those standard 1080p TN panel monitors at 21.5 inches with not that impressive color reproduction. They have 1-3ms response time.

No i do know about refresh rates and i need a 120hz 1080p with low display and input lags.. Colour side i just want to see an ememy target in a shadow sharply and not a black spot. By saying 135$ i meant within this range- from 99$ up to 185$ middle being 135$

So. Stupid.

Gotta love people who put their faith into their equipment. I'd love to have a nice chat with you as to how you rationale me getting top 8 masters in sc2, d1 in LoL, destroy in cod and cs:go, all of using my 4 year old laptop and 5 dollar microsoft mouse. That makes me a casual right?

Does 120hz help? Sure. Do you need it? Hell no. So your quote is just you saying you have fallen victim to every marketing gimmick "gaming" products throw at you.

he said nice colors, a good TN panel has good color, about as good as a cheap IPS

At $130 bucks, you won't find a "good" TN panel to touch even the lower price range IPS.

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

Op what hardware do you have can you even drive 120+

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Op what hardware do you have can you even drive 120+

r9 280

16gb ddr3 1600.

i think i can

r9 280

16gb ddr3 1600.

i think i can

Yup :)

At least for the competitive games anyway.

Look at the asus or benq line up of 120/144hz monitors.

There is also cheap korean monitors on ebay but I can't recommend these as I've never bought one.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

no such thing, for competetive play you need 120hz

a cheap CRT from craigslist / ebay would absolutely stomp any 144Hz display in terms of input lag / color accuracy (assuming it is properly calibrated) and sharpness.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

r9 280

16gb ddr3 1600.

i think i can

What games are you going to play? The R-280 is not really that powerful man. It's suited for 1080p 60Hz @High on games like BF4. You can only get 120 fps with easy-graphics games like TF2 and CS:GO. 

Don't even try thinking if it will push above 60fps, go to various game benchmarking sites, they can easily tell how the R9-280 runs.

And then don't even dream getting a 120Hz monitor below 200$. The cheapest 120Hz monitors are average 300$, and if you want a high quality one, you have to pay 400$ up to 800$.

Get a nice 1080p IPS monitor for about 170$ for good colors, and if you really care super-duper-fast-which-most-of-the-people-can't-feel response time (that is *NOT* input lag), then get a TN monitor.

And, did you know Google answers your question faster than us?

What games are you going to play? The R-280 is not really that powerful man. It's suited for 1080p 60Hz @High on games like BF4. You can only get 120 fps with easy-graphics games like TF2 and CS:GO. 

Don't even try thinking if it will push above 60fps, go to various game benchmarking sites, they can easily tell how the R9-280 runs.

And then don't even dream getting a 120Hz monitor below 200$. The cheapest 120Hz monitors are average 300$, and if you want a high quality one, you have to pay 400$ up to 800$.

Get a nice 1080p IPS monitor for about 170$ for good colors, and if you really care super-duper-fast-which-most-of-the-people-can't-feel response time (that is *NOT* input lag), then get a TN monitor.

And, did you know Google answers your question faster than us?

oh duuuuude. Ur so wrong , ur so so wrong...

My old intel core 2 quad q6600 with 8800GT runs TF2 at 380fps and csgo with minimal competitive adjustments ( removed the whole surface shine and the lighting effects for better spotting) runs at 130fps so plz… I bet it can run way better. And competitive gameplay we use cfg to remove the useless shit to just leave the main needed stuff. STOP LIEING

oh duuuuude. Ur so wrong , ur so so wrong...

My old intel core 2 quad q6600 with 8800GT runs TF2 at 380fps and csgo with minimal competitive adjustments ( removed the whole surface shine and the lighting effects for better spotting) runs at 130fps so plz… I bet it can run way better. And competitive gameplay we use cfg to remove the useless shit to just leave the main needed stuff. STOP LIEING

But remember you are playing at low settings, and you are probably running below 1080p resolution. 

CS:GO and TF2 is only few modern FPS games played, but there are SO many games that have much higher quality graphics. BF4 is a huge graphics difference to CS:GO. And today, low and medium settings is more for the low budget ones.

I can play Wolfenstein 3D at 1000fps but only get 25fps on Crysis. That depends all on game.