The most "dust proof" case on the market

UltimateDave

I live in Australia in a house that gets very dusty, so, for future reference, i would like to know some of the most dust proof cases with easy to access filters. thanks in advance

I live in Australia in a house that gets very dusty, so, for future reference, i would like to know some of the most dust proof cases with easy to access filters. thanks in advance

buy the dust filters seperately.

makes better filters than would be in any case. Find a case on their site that they make filters for.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The 250D comes with filters all around. only the back of the case has none. They are magnetic on the sides and the front is in a removable frame. All are washable. I have almost no dust in my case.

The 350D is also nice, but you have to buy the filters seperately. There is a kit you can get from corsair.

The Bitfenix Neos is a cheap case that also comes with dust filters as far as I know. It is a decent case.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

The 250D comes with filters all around. only the back of the case has none. They are magnetic on the sides and the front is in a removable frame. All are washable. I have almost no dust in my case.

The 350D is also nice, but you have to buy the filters seperately. There is a kit you can get from corsair.

The Bitfenix Neos is a cheap case that also comes with dust filters as far as I know. It is a decent case.

duely noted

put a case you like inside a pair of pantyhose

This made me laugh, BUT actually it is kind of a good idea. Should work!

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

A company called DEMCi makes flexible magnetic filters for many cases. YOu would be better off using these rather than the (usually) average-at-best ones that come with the case.

Here's a link to the filter sets for cases: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1475&vk_sort=4

You can also buy individual aftermarket filters: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_26&vk_sort=1

who are "they"?

Sorry....I thought i poseted a link

Demniflex

edit. removed link.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Sorry....I thought i poseted a link

Demniflex

http://www.demcifilter.com/c3/Filters-For-Your-Computer.aspx

Here is a picture of the set for the corsair 750d

Corsair%20Obsidian%20750D%20Dust%20Filte

Aaah yes, heard of them before. They seem super overpriced though. Is it worth the money?

A company called DEMCi makes flexible magnetic filters for many cases. YOu would be better off using these rather than the (usually) average-at-best ones that come with the case.

Here's a link to the filter sets for cases: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1475&vk_sort=4

You can also buy individual aftermarket filters: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_26&vk_sort=1

Same response as last one

Aaah yes, heard of them before. They seem super overpriced though. Is it worth the money?

Fair enough. But my original post was before his to be fair;-)

I just received a notion that you responded so I just quickly wrote a reply before seeing that he posted the same.

They are quite expensive, but considering how easily they are removed, cleaned and re-attached they are definitely worth it in my book. If you don't want to spend that much money on the full custom set you could just get individual 120/140 or dual 120/140 filters for $10-20 each.

Fair enough. But my original post was before his to be fair;-)

I just received a notion that you responded so I just quickly wrote a reply before seeing that he posted the same.

Iw as just saying, i ahd the same response to your post as i did to his.

They are quite expensive, but considering how easily they are removed, cleaned and re-attached they are definitely worth it in my book. If you don't want to spend that much money on the full custom set you could just get individual 120/140 or dual 120/140 filters for $10-20 each.

I'd probably get the whole pack

Yes, i do have 200mm fans. But if i upgrade my case (i really want to) i won't

Iw as just saying, i ahd the same response to your post as i did to his.

I'd probably get the whole pack

Yes, i do have 200mm fans. But if i upgrade my case (i really want to) i won't

From what ive heard yes. You can put them under water. Very very easy to clean and they have magnets so they are easy to dismount.

SilverStone has one in Linus video of ft04 and rv04. The dust prof one is in that video

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The one thing about any dust filters I think people need to be more clear on.  Yes, you can remove and clean them, no you should not use solvant/soap nor hot water to do so.  These filters typically have a laminate coating which if you use hot water or soap on could remove it and thereby lower it's effectiveness.  Linus should do a video on this if he hasn't already because I don't think it's common enough knowledge. 

The one thing about any dust filters I think people need to be more clear on.  Yes, you can remove and clean them, no you should not use solvant/soap nor hot water to do so.  These filters typically have a laminate coating which if you use hot water or soap on could remove it and thereby lower it's effectiveness.  Linus should do a video on this if he hasn't already because I don't think it's common enough knowledge. 

So, cold water?

So, cold water?

Yup, and no soap, I mean all you're looking to do is to get the dust off... not even to let water pass through the filter.  I avoid that as well, just rinse both sides and try to pass as little through it as possible.  It's made for air filtration, not water.  *grin* 

One pet peeve I have are cases that have open top ventilation without any mesh covering. I have a graphite series 230T and anything floating above the case can wind up inside and on your mobo and GPU, as seems to be the situation for many of their cases. Apparently Corsair is unfamiliar with this thing called gravity. I'm not expecting ultra fine mesh and foam covering the top that is likely going to be for exhaust, but please, don't leave the thing almost completely open to the environment. I had someone eating some doritos while standing near my desk, and found friggin crumbs inside the damn thing all over my GPU, that's how open it is.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB