Steam music discussion

I looked it up and there is a thread kind of like this but not really so :P Pretty much say your views on it :) Personally i like it though its missing search through songs functionality. It also seems to not want to recognize some of my sound cloud downloaded songs even though they are .mp3 . Atleast i dont need itunes anymore :)

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I've not used it. Where is it found?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I want it to scan your computer for files and automatically do the sounds and upload them. or, you can set it to manual. (Do they already have this?)

Diamond 5 in League :)

I've not used it. Where is it found?

Steam beta update

Diamond 5 in League :)

It's not of any use to me, I often buy CDs for the car and such, then I use Spotify for music on the PC, I rarely download music.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Just tried for a bit. First beef is that the overlay only shows you the controls but not the music library so I had to alt+tab out of it as I often game on an impulse and don't remember to update or put something on the list. Second beef is that while browsing and using steam as a media player, I started to notice my pc getting very sluggish and my temps shoot out to 57c (that's my current max load temp my idle is 46 and yes is fucking hot like 28-35c inside my room) and sure enough steam shot up to 99% usage constant on my task manager. Not sure why since this hasn't happened while gaming (Skyrim still nets me 60fps 40-50 outdoors and high 20s with dips into 0 when surrounded by a lot of character models but that's cause my crazy amount of mods, over 270 currently) so there's no noticeable impact in gaming.

Looks promising, I'm sure after they iron out a few of the rough edges it will be good for what I intend to use it: custom playlists while gaming i.e. Burzum atmospheric songs go really well with lonley walks through the tundra of Skyrim.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm no audiophile when it comes to listening to music while gaming, so I've mostly just gone with running Spotify in the background while playing. This can become frustrating however as I would have to alt+tab in order to change anything with a one monitor setup. In the end, if Steam adopts some sort or music streaming or Pandora-esque service, in which music files don't need to be uploaded, I'll be all over it. 

Been able to do this with Overwolf and I haven't used that since getting a second monitor. What I'd like to see is a steam radio station. Like let me tune into different streams with live DJ's or something. But then again I can already do that with anything that can connect to SHOUTcast so it's still kinda moot. I mostly use player pro or Xiialive for SHOUTcast from my phone and run it through my mixer. Meh I guess it's just not for me.