Windows Server vs. Ubuntu

I have Windows Server 2012 for my server right now, but I'm finding that everything I use on it has to be setup in Hyper-V with Ubuntu Server. Is setting up multiple virtual machines going to be efficient on my hardware, or am I better off just installing Ubuntu completely? I can't think of anything I would miss at all about Windows Server, besides the desktop enviroment which I can get with Ubuntu's Desktop. 

I have Windows Server 2012 for my server right now, but I'm finding that everything I use on it has to be setup in Hyper-V with Ubuntu Server. Is setting up multiple virtual machines going to be efficient on my hardware, or am I better off just installing Ubuntu completely? I can't think of anything I would miss at all about Windows Server, besides the desktop enviroment which I can get with Ubuntu's Desktop. 

Unless you know how to use the features that are available in Windows Server (and more importantly, have a use for them), there is no point in doing so. Windows Server is designed for corporate and enterprise customers, not home users who want to have a 'server'. Your best bet is to reinstall and just use Ubuntu as you have suggested.