To water cool or not?

First off I want to say I've been enjoying the knowledge gained in this community and apologize for a coming out of the blue with a question like this.

I'm working on my build and already have a few parts the job was able to get for me (I know not the top of the line.) I mainly will be using this system for Video/music production with light to extremely limited gaming.  

I7-4770k

Gigabyte Z87m

Asus GTX 660

older parts from my previous build.  

I just have left to purchase is a case, PSU and cooling.  I was thinking I could get the Cooler Master 212 and a couple of the Noctua fans, but would that be enough to keep the system cool.  I've heard the 4770k runs hot, but I really don't have any plans to overclock so is that even a scenario I need to worry about?  

Any help would be appreciated.

There is a major difference between watercooling and getting a Hyper 212 Evo.

Where are you located?

Have you already purchased CPU and motherboard?

Dont watercool. Aircooling will be more than enough if you are not overclocking. While it is true that 4770k runs hot, there is a big difference betwen runing it on stock clock and runing it on overclocks. 4770k is actualy very cool if you are not overclocking.

EDIT:

If you already got components then nevermind, if not... consider getting Z87 board instead of H87M as it will allow you to overclock in future if you will need some extra performance.

212 especially with some Noctua fans will be good.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

212 especially with some Noctua fans will be good.

why bother buying fans that are worth almost as much as the cooler

could just spend the money on a cooler with better fans.

and OP for water cooling to be worth it (relatively speaking) you need to do everything, meaning CPU, GPU and (optional) VRM

In order to block the GPU, you'd need a compatible high end card first because it's really not worth it putting a block on a 660.

Error: 410

I agree.. just get NH-D14.. if it can fit your case then there is nothing to think about.

Hot is relative. The 4770K is cooled just fine by the stock cooler when running at stock speeds. But if you want the option of overclocking you can get something like the Hyper 212 EVO - depending on the memory modules you will be using.

Lots of choices for a case. The N200 is inexpensive and of decent quality.

I would suggest a very good psu. It is a little larger than needed in case you want to upgrade the gpu.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H 1.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $155.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-25 16:43 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Maybe he has the fans already? :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Maybe he has the fans already? :)

I mean, I guess, though he seems to suggest he's about to buy them.

Error: 410

Ok, I appreciate all the assistance.  Yeah like I said most likely I won't be doing any overclocking of the CPU or GPU, if I do down the line I'll consider an upgrade on parts.  I do still need the fans (CPU + Case) but I just ordered the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo.  

This is mainly an editing/studio rig with some light gaming every now and then.  I just want to make sure whatever fans I get are quiet enough to not be picked up in a live mic situation.