The Last Of Us: First teaser Movie Poster Released (Update3:movie info)

Rafy

And just like that the Naughty Gods are getting two three  of their games made into motion pictures!

btagsnyceaa4m6p.jpgla71zgn.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/492757891229552641

The one version that I can handle it being lower than 60 fps. This could not have come at a better time as now I am sitting at home playing TLOU:Remastered for my review on Monday, it got me really hyped.

Edit: Movie info

- Neil and Bruce got two pitches, one from Clint Culpepper at Screen Gems and one from Sam Raimi
- Neil said when they met with Sam he "really got it"
- They got greenlight from Screen Gems to write the film themselves: Neil's writing the script for the movie
- Movie won't come out for a couple of years
- They expect it to be very true to the game, but they have to make changes to make a 15 hour game fit into a movie
- They talked about a different ending among various changes
- The movie will focus on the relationship between Joel and Ellie
- Answering a question, they say they might use elements from the Left Behind DLC
- Maisie Williams is being considered for Ellie
- Bruce Campbell sorta brought up as a joke, someone suggests him for David (NOT casted for Joel)
- Neil thinks the "ambush" would make for a great scene in the movie
- They're creating new scenes to glue some of their favourite game scenes together
- Neil doesn't want to the movie to be a poor imitation of the game, thinks it's good to have strong actors who bring their own interpretation to the characters
- Sam said he won't be directing, Neil will be in charge of selecting director

BtaSNTICUAAxiGf.jpg

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121030

Cool poster. Last of Us does have a movie quality story and I could see it working. That is assuming of course they get a good writer and a good director on board.

What was their first movie?

Diamond 5 in League :)

Meh. Okay. Why not.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sony is doing an Uncharted movie, which will be out in 2016.

Uncharted movie is also in the planning stages if I am not mistaken.

Edit: beaten worse than Rihanna

Interesting, instead of a movie tie in game we have a movie that ties into a game. lol, I'd be interesting to see if this tie in will be just as rubbish as most game tie in's 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Ratchet and Clank.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Ratchet and Clank.

I forgot about that! That makes it three with Uncharted

I forgot about that! That makes it three with Uncharted

Yep yep.

Cool stuff. All high-up on my favorite games list.

Sooo... Are they giving the role to Ellen Page then?

I'll just have a quick look on imdb... Hmpf nothing there ok Google tour turn ... Nope nothing either. So no cast known yet I guess?! Damn! Not even the director?

No cast announced, it was part of a "secret" panel. Or, a panel that wasn't overly-advertised, but everyone still caught whiff of.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Sooo... Are they giving the role to Ellen Page then?

I'll just have a quick look on imdb... Hmpf nothing there ok Google tour turn ... Nope nothing either. So no cast known yet I guess?! Damn! Not even the director?

Edit: sorry didn't see the hole post for some reason

Just updated the OP ;)

Am I the only one that doesn't want Maisie Williams as Ellie? And, I really want Hugh Jackman as Joel. Or, maybe even Troy Baker, if he bulks up a bit. (Troy did the voice for Joel)

OMMFG THEY HAVE TO GIVE IT TO Maisie Williams and Bruce Campbell! They just have to I don't care how has to get tiered to make this happen just do it!

Sorry movie nerd walking

Ellen page is a baaaad actor, and she doesn't look like ellie

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Bruce Campbell is not in talks to play Joel. Rami said they will put him in somewhere. Bruce Campbell appears in pretty much everything Rami does.

Maisie Williams could do Ellie well I think.

This has the potential to be an awesome movie. If it's anything like the game I'll find it amazing. I just get the feeling that having a story similar to the game is going to make it boring for previous players to watch, since we mostly know what will happen... If they followed other people but somehow tied Ellie and Joel into it I think it would make a much better movie.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Am I the only one that doesn't want Maisie Williams as Ellie? And, I really want Hugh Jackman as Joel. Or, maybe even Troy Baker, if he bulks up a bit. (Troy did the voice for Joel)

Hugh Jackman and Ellen Page would be perfect for this movie.

RTX2070OC 

Ellen page is a baaaad actor, and she doesn't look like ellie

Actually, Ellen Page does look a bit like Ellie because the face was modeled after her originally. They changed it slightly to incorporate a bit of Ashley Johnson in there.

2faefd533690da40be3953352dfe0b49.jpg

Awesome, I think Ellen Page would be Ellie seeing as they basically drew a picture of her for the part and even made her a lesbian.

Actually, Ellen Page does look a bit like Ellie because the face was modeled after her originally. They changed it slightly to incorporate a bit of Ashley Johnson in there.

2faefd533690da40be3953352dfe0b49.jpg

No I think they changed it to avoid being sued...

I thought The Last of Us was already a movie.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Awesome, I think Ellen Page would be Ellie seeing as they basically drew a picture of her for the part and even made her a lesbian.

I think the girl they are talking to from GoT is a much better fit and better as an actress in this kind of role (not that Ellen Page is not a great actress) not to mention she is closer to Ellie's age.

I think the girl they are talking to from GoT is a much better fit and better as an actress in this kind of role (not that Ellen Page is not a great actress) not to mention she is closer to Ellie's age.

The girl from GoT is a brilliant actress, her character is one of my favourites.

Too bad most people (like us) already know the plot. I wonder if anything will be added.