Just got my One Plus One

Sousuke

Just follow the topic as I will me PMing someone out of the followed list :) I don't have any invites currently but I am committing one to the LTT Forum Community.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I want it so bad I already bought a cover in advance.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Good to see you're happy with it. Facing quite some tags and PM's a day already from people that haven't found the Customer Support yet.. And yes, I'm the same Waterdroid/mod/coolhumanbeing you see over there if you were wondering. :P

Glad we have a few OnePlus One fans on LTT Forums, If enough people follow the thread then I may commit 2 invites to LTT.

I'm not like hunting just running the "Invite" Competition a little differently meaning that people who actually read my posts will be the ones who can get the invite :)

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Glad we have a few OnePlus One fans on LTT Forums, If enough people follow the thread then I may commit 2 invites to LTT.

I'm not like hunting just running the "Invite" Competition a little differently meaning that people who actually read my posts will be the ones who can get the invite :)

btw, what lens do you have on that body?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

btw, what lens do you have on that body?

Unfortunately the 18-55 kit lens, but I have been looking to get more glass.

Unfortunately the 18-55 kit lens, but I have been looking to get more glass.

awesome. Either the 35mm or 50mm are good. Dem Bokeh's.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

awesome. Either the 35mm or 50mm are good. Dem Bokeh's.

Canon 50mm F1.8 best lens for the price with very good sharpness, best of all you can get it for $75 on craigslist. 

If you got the dollers Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art is one of the sharpest 50mm lenses you can get. 

I'm on my second day in now and I have to admit I am seriously impressed by the battery life, Charged it on the 25th and still on 48% however its not been used heavily, in fact quite lightly as i've had the weekend off from work. 

This was one of my biggest gripes of the HTC One M7 was the battery life being poor now I don't have to worry about "Oh crap did I charge it" as I had to charge the HTC One M7 Nightly otherwise with light usage it would die around 75% into the 2nd day, this is on its second day and is still showing just less than half of it battery left.

Cyanogenmod is very quick on this phone meaning that it has the "Google Play Edition" Feel to it in relation to speed.

Overall good impressions to start with.

Didn't notice any issues with the screen being yellowed or audio quality when calling someone.

So far so good :)

I currently have an HTC One M7 and you saying that it's lighter than it makes it indeed quite surprising, I'm actually quite impressed. How's the audio compared to the HTC One (M7) ?

I'm considering getting one and leaving my HTC to my girlfriend.

So only one follower for the Invite?

I don't have any at this present time however it may only be a matter of weeks before I get some.

Anyway what this post is really about.

I've now had my phone for 6 days, Only charged it twice since then which is amazing for a 5.5inch Smartphone.

Performance is incredible, it is stupidly fast! The phone has no issues with anything i throw at it, HD Video, Games ect ect.

The screen is beautiful .

Build quality is still awesome no complaints in that department.

Will post up a full review in the next week or so as I want to have 2 weeks with the phone before I review it.

Typical smartphone review reflects a week of usage or less so you are more thorough than verge, engadget, bgr...

Since you are in the UK,I heard the phone has issues in certain areas of UK since it's missing a band:

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/uk-only-4g-issue-clarification.49324/ 

I have plenty of other questions but don't want to annoy you and destroy the ~9% chance I have of winning an invite as of right now  :)

I'll risk asking a few:

Do you get LTE and how does the wifi perform? Do you have any accessories? I bought the flip cover from their site yesterday in advance, I want it anyway and thought buying it now could iron out payment issues should they arise. There might be, since the address selector uses "Missouri" while my paypal confirmed has "MO" abbreviation...

How long does it take to charge empty to full?

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I'd rather have a Nokia Lumia 530.

Sorry I hate Android.

Wait for the rumoured upcoming HTC One M8 WP edition. I heard they'll be coming out quite soon.

Hey man glad to see ANOTHER positive review for this phone! And super stoked you're gonna give an invite out! I'm also very curious as to the charge time? Also there have been a few complaints with some lag on the home button, has this happened to you?

Thanks again, Ryan.

I withdraw myself from the contest, got my invite yesterday.

Any idea on why my customization of the LED notification isn't working for applications I added onto it?

Has anyone bought the screen protector to tell how good it is?

I might end up getting invites to share as well.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Any idea on why my customization of the LED notification isn't working for applications I added onto it?

Has anyone bought the screen protector to tell how good it is?

I might end up getting invites to share as well.

If you get invites, I'm interested :-p

Typical smartphone review reflects a week of usage or less so you are more thorough than verge, engadget, bgr...

Since you are in the UK,I heard the phone has issues in certain areas of UK since it's missing a band:

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/uk-only-4g-issue-clarification.49324/ 

I have plenty of other questions but don't want to annoy you and destroy the ~9% chance I have of winning an invite as of right now  :)

I'll risk asking a few:

Do you get LTE and how does the wifi perform? Do you have any accessories? I bought the flip cover from their site yesterday in advance, I want it anyway and thought buying it now could iron out payment issues should they arise. There might be, since the address selector uses "Missouri" while my paypal confirmed has "MO" abbreviation...

How long does it take to charge empty to full?

Thing is that i'm just giving my general impressions after a week I wouldn't call it a review.

I'm on EE Which isn't using band 20 in which is the missing band.

WiFi and LTE Is very good as I work next to a 4G Mast xD I don't have any accessories.

I only charge my phone when I go to bed so not sure to be honest.

I

Thing is that i'm just giving my general impressions after a week I wouldn't call it a review.

I'm on EE Which isn't using band 20 in which is the missing band.

WiFi and LTE Is very good as I work next to a 4G Mast xD I don't have any accessories.

I only charge my phone when I go to bed so not sure to be honest.

Thank you.

I'd love an invite and also am interested in more of your impressions if you have them. How's the camera?

• 1 month later...

Battery life?

Very good oh, Check your PMs.