Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro vs Steelseries Siberia V2

Clauricaune

So, the right driver on my CM Storm Sonuz headset suddenly stopped working. I bought a Logitech G430 as a replacement, and it sounds alright, but the mic is awful and pretty much unusable. 

I'm thinking about buying either a HyperX Cloud or a Siberia V2 Frost Blue, which I hear are some of the best options in their price range ($100-ish). Which of those would you guys recommend? Or would you suggest another option?

Thanks!

I'd go with the V2s

I have a pair of white ones if you want to buy them  :ph34r:

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while but I wanted to post an update.

Got the HyperX Cloud. The build quality is AMAZING, very sturdy but very comfortable. It's really light and it doesn't clamp too tightly against my ears: I use glasses and have no problem wearing this for hours. My only complaint is it makes my ears sweat a bit, but I was expecting that.

Sound quality. I first plugged this on my motherboard and it sounded merely OK, certainly better than my previous headsets, but it wasn't blowing me away. It sounded quite a bit "muddy", I don't really know how to describe it: I could distinguish a lot of details on my songs but they weren't as crisp as I expected. But of course my mobo couldn't fully power it, because this is a 60 ohm headset. So I followed ShearMe's advice and bought a Syba DAC, and DAMN, that was a real fucking improvement. My metal sounds pretty good on these: I blasted some Gojira, Blood of Kingu and Deathspell Omega, as well as Pink Freud, Shogu Tokumaru and Sunn O))), and I was pleased with what I got. It's far from ideal but I still like it. As for gaming, it's also really good, I wish they had an open design, but I can pinpoint bullets, explosions and footsteps without too much trouble.

Mic is better than I expected too. It's not great, but it's probably better than most headset mics out there. Certainly an improvement over the Sonuz and the G430 on that regard.

As for the Syba DAC, I'm liking it a lot. My only issue is that damn lever on the front panel which shocks me quite frequently.

As for the Syba DAC, I'm liking it a lot. My only issue is that damn lever on the front panel which shocks me quite frequently.

Wait, wut?  :o

Wait, wut?  :o

When I first plugged it in it gave me a mild constant electric shock, but it stopped doing that after an hour or so. Hope it doesn't come back.

When I first plugged it in it gave me a mild constant electric shock, but it stopped doing that after an hour or so. Hope it doesn't come back.

Stops shuffling your woolen socks across the carpet you'll be fine.

I tried the Cloud on for the first time and was really impressed with how they feel. Couldnt audition them in the PAX exhibition hall but I told Kingston I'd give them a try

I tried the Cloud on for the first time and was really impressed with how they feel. Couldnt audition them in the PAX exhibition hall but I told Kingston I'd give them a try

Probably because they're built like a Beyer.

^Yeah, I couldn't be more pleased with them on that regard. And everything else really, I have no complaints about this headset at all.

Stops shuffling your woolen socks across the carpet you'll be fine.

The shock was constant, maybe a bad wire or something. 

The shock was constant, maybe a bad wire or something. 

Well, at least it's gone. Still dunno what you mean by "lever on the front panel" though.

Well, at least it's gone. Still dunno what you mean by "lever on the front panel" though.

I meant the bass/treble boost and direct selection thingie. The version I got has that plus a stereo line input jack instead of the headphone/speaker button (even though the Amazon product description didn't specify that). I was a bit disappointed to be honest; I'd rather have the headphone/speaker button.

I meant the bass/treble boost and direct selection thingie. The version I got has that plus a stereo line input jack instead of the headphone/speaker button (even though the Amazon product description didn't specify that). I was a bit disappointed to be honest; I'd rather have the headphone/speaker button.

This is news to me - I didn't know there were different versions. Is it still the same basic topology, with the knob on the top?

This is news to me - I didn't know there were different versions. Is it still the same basic topology, with the knob on the top?

Yeah, it's all the same except for that. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, the right driver on my CM Storm Sonuz headset suddenly stopped working.

Sorry for gravedigging this thread, but my Sirus' left subwoofer driver just died and it's making awful crackling noises. I was looking for a sobstitute under the 100 price tag, and you guys just convinced me about the Hyperx Cloud.

Thank you!

Just a question, is the DAC THAT necessary?  I mostly play games and occasional music, but i'm don't ask much, just some "amosphere".

Sorry for gravedigging this thread, but my Sirus' left subwoofer driver just died and it's making awful crackling noises. I was looking for a sobstitute under the 100 price tag, and you guys just convinced me about the Hyperx Cloud.

Thank you!

Just a question, is the DAC THAT necessary?  I mostly play games and occasional music, but i'm don't ask much, just some "amosphere".

onboard audio should be more than enough

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Thank you!

Just a question, is the DAC THAT necessary?  I mostly play games and occasional music, but i'm don't ask much, just some "amosphere".

onboard audio should be more than enough

What Lauen said. It should be enough for your needs. An amp is kinda superflous, but still makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

So you guys know any good budget onboard audio/amp ?idk what it's price range should be cause i have no experience with them