FedEx Review - The Mad-King of Shipping

Gulrok

Hi everyone. 

4f0599ab5a21a34387d5ebf02ff8a458882d7667

This is my review and experience of FedEx.

The Story

I recently moved out to Washington state from New Jersey. I'm pursuing a police career here. I asked my family out east if they would be comfortable shipping my computer for me, since it was obviously oversized and can't take it on the plane. ( Sentey Extreme Division case )

On July 2nd, my father mailed my computer via FedEx, costing $91.28 in freight charges, and $25.99 in packing charges. (My father opted in to have FedEx pack the computer.) He also opted in for a $800 insurance on the computer, and it should be delivered on July 10th.

July 10th rolls around, at around 2pm the package arrives and is signed for by a family member. Soon after I arrive at home, so find the package. My razer mouse, headphones, and keyboard were fine. However the tower computer wasn't. The case had been smashed in on the front, and a front panel case bay door was broken off the hinges, and one was completely missing. On the bottom of the case, and the plastic bumperish style piece was bent. Upon opening the case case I notice the sound card completely de-seated out of the PCI slot, and the hing that it used to lock into it completely sheered off and gone. ( Mind you the case was sitting in the box on the side so the internals were looking at you as you opened it. The sound card had been sliding around on the motherboard without anything holding it down. The graphics card looked relatively beat up as well. The board on it and the plastic was bent around which leads me to believe that it was hit by the sound card. The inside of the case had looked like a small tornado game through. It was nasty looking. 

I call, FedEx on this day to attempted to solve the problems quickly. I talk to a representative, and they open a case for me over the phone. The representative tells me I have to fill out a form that she emails it to me, then fax it in, and show pictures of the computer. On Saturday the 12th I get ready to fill out of the form, to find she sent me a blank bill of lading which has nothing to do whatsoever with the case. Another phone call proves that she sent the wrong form and I was emailed the correct one. I print out it out, fill it out, and am ready to fax it in. They scheduled the pick up the damaged computer on July 15th.

On July 15th, I fax in the form, and documents of the components in the computer, The man who delivered the package returned to pick back up the computer. Now I'm playing the waiting game. 

I get curious Saturday the 19th, and call just to check on the status of the claim. The representative tells me that my claim has been denied, and she can't tell me why. However, if I call back tomorrow the 20th, they'll be able to tell me. They also said it could be because, I ( the recipient) of the package filed a claim, and their policy is that only the sender can file a claim. ( Their website says otherwise, AND the Carmack law says otherwise. ) However the FedEx claims agent will call me.

Sunday the 20th, I call, and was told that Customer Claims is closed, and they can't help me until Monday. They say the FedEx claims agent will call me.

Monday the 21st. I call, they say they can't get ahold of the FedEx claims agent, I persist talking to someone and finally they tell me they can't pay me out until the sender calls. I call my father, he calls them, and they say they can't get to the FedEx claims agent either, he persists, they tell him the same story as I do. He emails a signed letter releasing their rights to pursue a package claim with the same package.They said the FedEx agent will call me when everything is ready to go. I call to confirm this information, they can't get ahold of the FedEx claims office, I persist, and finally get told there isn't anything they can do, and the FedEx claims agent will call me back tomorrow.

Tuesday the 22nd I call and asked to get transferred to the FedEx claims office, no go, ( go figure ) and I persist. Finally I talk to a woman who sounded very sick, but told me the check was in the mail for $891.28, and the package was going to be redelivered to me. I assume this means that the package will be delivered in the next twoish days, because it is sitting in at a facility 20 Miles away. OK. Progress. Oh, and they know me by first name at this point. They ask "Is this Trevor calling?"

Thurday the 24th, I call and they tell me they have NO IDEA WHERE MY COMPUTER IS. Instead they'll call the FedEx claims office since they must know. Guess what, they can't get through to them. ( GO FIGURE ) Then I was transferred to a customer advocate team member (or something) who called Customer Claims, can't get through to them. She proceeds to tell me to call back tomorrow because the station closes at 5PM. ( She assumed I was on the east coast, which would make it 5:30pm, but I am on the west so it is only 2:30pm. ) She tries 1 number, no go, 2nd number, no go and finally 3rd number she gets through to the station where the package is. She says she has to call them in 15 minutes, and with in the half hour she'll call me back. She is the only person at FedEx to ever call me back. She said the station doesn't have the package, but the now closed claims department might and to call back tomorrow.

Today ( Friday the 25th ), I call early in the morning as soon as they open to avoid all this bullshit. I talk to a costumer representative who doesn't know how to put me on hold properly, so I hear everything is saying to everyone. He can't get a call to customer claims placed, and blames it on a bad connection. Tells me the check is in the mail... I explain how I need to know where my package is though. He gives me a new tracking number that doesn't give any information. Consistently tells me there isn't anything he can do, and to call back later, but I persist to talk to someone. Finally I get transferred to an advocate who I explain my situation to. She asks me what I need to know, and she tells me my package will be delivered Wednesday the 30th, and it is in Troutdale, Oregon. Bam, that is what I needed to know. 

So of course this isn't over.

Review

Ok, FedEx has no idea what they're doing. If you end up shipping and having something destroyed by them your best bet is to call and persist or you'll lose all chance. The fact that they kept saying to call back tomorrow, and how they can't get through to the FedEx claims office is bullshit. What kind of company for almost a week can people not get through to the customer claims office. Your company's representatives should have the information available to explain to the "Valued Customer" what is going on. I've probably spent 5+ hours between being on hold and talking with them

I'll NEVER ship with FedEx again assuming I have a choice. 

Bullshit, complete Bullshit.

I had a computer.. and then I let FedEx ship it.

Why do people still use FedEx, we all know they're crap.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Why do people still use FedEx, we all know they're crap.

I wasn't the shipper, I was the recipient. I've always shipped with UPS or USPS. Some people like my father have had great experiences with them.

I wasn't the shipper, I was the recipient. I've always shipped with UPS or USPS. Some people like my father have had great experiences with them.

Oh. FedEx seem like such a wildcard, they are like the Biostar of the shipping world.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I took the FedEx package, and I threw it on the ground

you must think I'm a joke, I ain't gonna be part of your system

srsly tho, DPD is the best courier company in the world as far as I'm concerned

My system: CPU: i5-4670k CPU-Cooler: be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX fury (red) SSD: Samasing 840 EVO 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Windforce Case: Fractal Define R4 windowed PSU: Corsair CX 600W Semi-Modular OS: Windows 7 Home Premium.

Laptop: Dell Laptop - Some crap i5 and 8GB of DDR3 ram. OS: Duel Boot - Windows 8 & Ubuntu! 

While this is only semi relevant, I've always used UPS for my packages when given the option. I've yet to have anything come damaged, even when I shipped a Nexus 7 tablet between 2 pieces of cardboard taped together.

Is DHL a good company?

Edit: Lmfao - Ace ventura

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

That video made me post this on my facebook.

Allllllll Righttttty then :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

That video made me post this on my facebook.

That was a really weird movie.

We just got a fedex package today. It was almost completly open.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That was a really weird movie.

We just got a fedex package today. It was almost completly open.

I'm sorry but lmao

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I'm sorry but lmao

It happened 2 weeks ago too.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It happened 2 weeks ago too.

I also ordered something recently, they didn't ship the right parcel - Could of been a flop at the company I bought from or ... Fedex - Still pissed though, but hey what can you do, it's weekend, everyone's closed ****

Is DHL a good company?

Yeah I like them. They throw all kinds of expensive hardware into our garden for everyone to use. -.-  DPD is the only parceldelivery that is able to ring the doorbell. Fedex once lost a parcel and claimed they delivered it. Gave up fighting with them as it was only worth 10 bucks. 

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

FedEx may be shit, but you should have disassembled your computer before you left.

It shouldn't have mattered if I disassembled it or not. The package said fragile. It is was a vase or glass with the same label and padding / packaging it would have been shattered and in pieces. 

It shouldn't have mattered if I disassembled it or not. The package said fragile. It is was a vase or glass with the same label and padding / packaging it would have been shattered and in pieces. 

Fragile doesn't mean shit to any shipper. Except slightly more lining in their pockets.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Bullshit, complete Bullshit.

That sucks im sorry that happend to you.so do you get your brocken pc plus the money to get a new one? cus if you look on the bright side if any thing is salvageable you can put it your new rig or sell it you could also probably sell the broken thins for parts or repair.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

That's why I prefer DHL and their customer service. Not saying FedEx is bad or something. But I don't trust freight forwarders in anyway. 

They all seem grumpy to me.  :lol:

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

That sucks im sorry that happend to you.so do you get your brocken pc plus the money to get a new one? cus if you look on the bright side if any thing is salvageable you can put it your new rig or sell it you could also probably sell the broken thins for parts or repair.

Besides putting me out of having a computer for mostly a month.. FedEx is paying almost $900 for it. My computer is salvageable and I can definitely upgrade.

I've only had good experiences with DPD and The Royal Mail.

To be honest, better with The Royal Mail. Although I feel that that may slip eventually as they are no longer liable to the public, being private.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I've only had good experiences with DPD and The Royal Mail.

To be honest, better with The Royal Mail. Although I feel that that my slip eventually as they are no longer liable to the public, being private.

WHat is that in your pf :o

WHat is that in your pf :o

pf?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

pf?

Profile, was wondering about your profile pic