First build after months of deciding on what to get the parts list is finally complete!

So i started out last march wanting to build a computer cause my old $300 computer with a $90 GT630 from Asus was losing its ability to play games on low with decent frame rates. so i decided to start out on a learning trek that inevitably brought me to Techquicky and LTT. so here i am still on the old rig and saving money for the new one.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/rssman83/saved/ZYDkcf

I want this computer to last me quite a long time while only up grading the GPU so I've went with higher quality while I could've cheeped out on Mobo and CPU and stuff and went with a r9 290x but I'm gonna stick with the $360 280x and upgrade later. I chose the power supply based on 2 things: it had to be modular and it had to be 80+ platinum certified. so the AX760 was chosen. I'm going to be over clocking as much as i can but sticking to air cooling because of the 5 fans in the airflow optimized case. 

SO yeah, lemme know what you guys think and if I should change anything. (Case, SSD and Peripherals are already owned so i can't really change those)

if this is a gaming pc then a 240gb ssd will probably not be enough add an hdd because the ssd fills up fast

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

What is your budget?

if this is a gaming pc then a 240gb ssd will probably not be enough add an hdd because the ssd fills up fast

I have 750GB HDD it wasnt on PCpartpick. so i forgot to add it to custom O.o

What is your budget?

1200~1500

It looks pretty good! though personally I would have just stuck the 290 in anyway

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have 750GB HDD it wasnt on PCpartpick. so i forgot to add it to custom O.o

1200~1500

I would recommend buying a new case. Also is the price of the case in the partlist included in the budget?

Quote me to get a reply!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($258.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($126.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($89.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Storage: PNY XLR8 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($124.99 @ NCIX) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($424.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Total: $1273.43

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-25 14:25 EDT-0400

I would recommend buying a new case. Also is the price of the case in the partlist included in the budget?

I've already bought the case specifically for the build. And yeah it is.

I've already bought the case specifically for the build. And yeah it is.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($248.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ NCIX) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($424.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $1227.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-25 14:35 EDT-0400
This would be better than the original build.

Quote me to get a reply!

So i started out last march wanting to build a computer cause my old $300 computer with a $90 GT630 from Asus was losing its ability to play games on low with decent frame rates. so i decided to start out on a learning trek that inevitably brought me to Techquicky and LTT. so here i am still on the old rig and saving money for the new one.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/rssman83/saved/ZYDkcf

I want this computer to last me quite a long time while only up grading the GPU so I've went with higher quality while I could've cheeped out on Mobo and CPU and stuff and went with a r9 290x but I'm gonna stick with the $360 280x and upgrade later. I chose the power supply based on 2 things: it had to be modular and it had to be 80+ platinum certified. so the AX760 was chosen. I'm going to be over clocking as much as i can but sticking to air cooling because of the 5 fans in the airflow optimized case. 

SO yeah, lemme know what you guys think and if I should change anything. (Case, SSD and Peripherals are already owned so i can't really change those)

80+ ratings are a comment on the electrical efficiency of a psu, not its quality. While I love Seasonic built psu and the AX-760 is one of the finest available you can save yourself nearly 30% of the cost of the AX-760 buy getting an EVGA, the EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR to be exact. A 10 year warranty and arguably better quality than the AX-760.

Noctua NH-U12S is a much better & quieter cpu cooler that cost less than the Gelid.

Cases are a personal choice but I would suggest giving serious consideration to choosing a different one. Perhaps the Corsair Grey 230T, or the blue/black H440.

230t_threequarter_hero_up_greyw.png

Blue1-370.png

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

80+ ratings are a comment on the electrical efficiency of a psu, not its quality. While I love Seasonic built psu and the AX-760 is one of the finest available you can save yourself nearly 30% of the cost of the AX-760 buy getting an EVGA, the EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR to be exact. A 10 year warranty and arguably better quality than the AX-760.

Where I'm living electricity cost are only going up so, I want a power supply that has the 80+platinum rating so i can get the peak efficiency available under 1000W. Even if the EVGA PSU is 30% cheaper I can make up the cost for the %2 power efficiency difference in a year or 2. Since im planing on having this computer for 5-7 years the cost over time made me go for the AX760

Noctua NH-U12S is a much better & quieter cpu cooler that cost less than the Gelid.

The only reason i didn't go with Noctua is because I'm going for a blue themed build and Noctua would clash with everything in and out of the case, and the Gelid would preform just as well and be ascetically pleasing. And yes I am shallow but I have to look at the thing for many many years and i want it to look good  :P

Cases are a personal choice but I would suggest giving serious consideration to choosing a different one. Perhaps the Corsair Grey 230T, or the blue/black H440.

And lastly, I have already payed for the case and its too late to send it back. (an unfortunate turn of losing income and not being able to finish my build earlier (and posting it here of course, cause i didn't find this forum til recently))

And besides, it may not be as quiet as some may like, but it has plenty of room on both sides for cable management, HDDs, SSDs and GPU's and just about anything else you'd want to throw in there. 

The only reason i didn't go with Noctua is because I'm going for a blue themed build and Noctua would clash with everything in and out of the case, and the Gelid would preform just as well and be ascetically pleasing. And yes I am shallow but I have to look at the thing for many many years and i want it to look good  :P

I quite understand wanting to match colors.

As you can see in http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1289-page7.html, the Gelid actually performs worse than the ~CA$32 Hyper 212 EVO. For less than the price of the Gelid you could get an H80i which would have a nice user configurable LED logo over the cpu and much better cooling.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I quite understand wanting to match colors.

As you can see in http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1289-page7.html, the Gelid actually performs worse than the ~CA$32 Hyper 212 EVO. For less than the price of the Gelid you could get an H80i which would have a nice user configurable LED logo over the cpu and much better cooling.

thanks  :)  i'll look into it