Clone hard drive to hard drive (asap)

vet folks

Hi guys, i need to know how to transfer or clone from my dying hard drive to newly bought hard drive (i factory reset the old one so i just need the Windows itself to transfer) i found a way but only hd to ssd, but since im using hd to hd, i need help, ive been searching online but they only led me to buying some programs.

Hi guys, i need to know how to transfer or clone from my dying hard drive to newly bought hard drive (i factory reset the old one so i just need the Windows itself to transfer) i found a way but only hd to ssd, but since im using hd to hd, i need help, ive been searching online but they only led me to buying some programs.

It'll still work if you use a "SSD" program. 

i'm a potato

It'll still work if you use a "SSD" program. 

thank you for the fast reply, i will check on it. i still have to go buy the hd from best buy lol but i will be using my laptop to double check

thank you for the fast reply, i will check on it. i still have to go buy the hd from best buy lol but i will be using my laptop to double check

They put SSD on the name since that's what most people use them for, but they work with HDD's.

i'm a potato

the old hd still work, i hope there no bad sector or anything.

after i migrate or clone to the new hd, would i be able to use it normally or do i need a cd key? to activate it?

btw migrate or clone?

If you need to clone your OS drive, or just would prefer to get the clone done as quickly as possible I would recommend Clonezilla.

Just burn the image to a DVD or bootable USB, and follow the wizard.
This tool is a bootable Linux distro that allows you to work with drives, partitions and images from a live CD.

http://clonezilla.org/

If you were to clone with this, it is an exact copy of the original data, so no need to use a CD key to reactivate windows. Although you should not be running more than 1 copy of the image at any one time.

You can use a program called snapshot that allows you to take a snapshot of the current drive and replicate it onto the other drive. If done successfully you will be able to boot up exactly where you left off. I have used it personally at work for many clients when making bulk machines or like your problem a dead hard drive. You will need hirens boot CD though unless you can have both drives in the machine at the same time. 

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset