I'm new to this website and forum so I'm sorry in advance if I make any mistakes.

I currently have a new PC built but it does not have a CPU cooler yet. I have been contemplating over which cooler I should get. I don't really have a budget for it, although I would like to spend between 90-150 dollars. The Noctua NH-D15, Corsair H100i, and Swiftech H220x are three that I have in mind. I like the Noctua because it is an air cooler, but I do not like how it looks (especially in my H440 which is themed red and black). Does the performance of the NH-D15 hide the unappealing aesthetics? Additionally, with the Noctua, I would not have to buy extra fans to replace the stock ones. The H100i and H220x both look (and perform?) much better than the Nocuta in my case. However, I have a fear of AIO water coolers after reading all sorts of reviews and complaints about leakage and noisy pumps. Are AIO water coolers safe and reliable for long term usage? Which cooler should I get? I should note that I plan on overclocking and that I have a 4790k in my PC. Thanks

how much are you overclocking? Also, Noctua has different fans, one version black and another grey.

Do you care about aesthetics over performance?

The H220X is the only one that allows for customization, allowing you to add in a gpu etc, change the barbs to  compressions, diff tubing etc.

I would get the H220X unless you're really afraid of watercooling, if you are then the D15 is pretty solid.

Concerning the H100i, I feel like its a bit outdated but still performs well.

For some reason I can't find any reviews concerning the H220X..

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

how much are you overclocking? Also, Noctua has different fans, one version black and another grey.

I'm trying to get it to around 4.4-4.5 ghz

Do you care about aesthetics over performance?

Yes, I do care about aesthetics over performance, unless it's drastically better

Do you think that water cooling is reliable? That's the only reason why I am considering the NH-D15. If AIO water coolers are known to break down over time, I'd rather get the Noctua. 

I'm trying to get it to around 4.4-4.5 ghz

Yes, I do care about aesthetics over performance, unless it's drastically better

Do you think that water cooling is reliable? That's the only reason why I am considering the NH-D15. If AIO water coolers are known to break down over time, I'd rather get the Noctua. 

4.4 - 4.5GHz is more possible with a Liquid cooler. 

If you want maximum performance and a little less noise, the H100i is the best. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

4.4 - 4.5GHz is more possible with a Liquid cooler. 

If you want maximum performance and a little less noise, the H100i is the best. 

over the H220X?

why?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

over the H220X?

why?

Oops. I'm not reading things...

Forget that I was here...

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Oops. I'm not reading things...

Forget that I was here...

Youre confusing me lol

So you guys recommend the H220x? Have you ever had any problems with liquid cooling or AIO cooling? 

Hey, review of the H220X by yours truly!

So, while idle, it is behind the NZXT kraken (280mm) and the D15 by 2 and 1 degrees respectively but ahead of the H100i by 1.

during load, it is right behind the Kraken by 1 degree. but ahead of the D15 by 0.4 degrees and ahead of the H100i by 3 degrees.

Soooo get the H220X

Thanks for all of the replies. One last question, should I change the stock fans to the SP120's or the NF-F12's? I already have two 120's but I only have one F12. Or should I just stick to the stock fans?

Thanks for all of the replies. One last question, should I change the stock fans to the SP120's or the NF-F12's? I already have two 120's but I only have one F12. Or should I just stick to the stock fans?

Get the F12's, they make the 120's looks absolutely crap. But I also say get the D15 over the other 2 solutions as it performs just as well but is much quieter and cheaper, and more reliable.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

That's a great choice as well. The cost of the fans and the D15 will be about the same as the H220X (guessing).

It is also a bit heavy and large so glhf

I've done a lot of research today and I realized that the Phantek PH-TC14PE and Dark Rock Pro 3 are great air coolers that aren't as unappealing as the D15, so I may just go with one of them. Thanks