does silicon react with water?

so i got the reserator1 by zalman and now i have to remove the pump and the power cord that came with it. that leaves a hole in the bottom where the cord was fitted through.

the plan is to fill that up obviously to make the thing waterproof again.

so is simple silicon gonna work? i know its gonna work to waterproof it but will it react with the water? is there something alse i should try?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Do you mean silicone?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Do you mean silicone?

silicona_1.jpg

You mean silicone? Then yeah, but remember that when it gets old it deteriorates (but that's a lot of time tho :P)

yes, silly me meant silicone :P thanks for the reply guys. how long does it last?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Pretty sure your pc will die first :P

well...thats...good i guess...thanks

so i got the reserator1 by zalman and now i have to remove the pump and the power cord that came with it. that leaves a hole in the bottom where the cord was fitted through.

so is simple silicon gonna work? i know its gonna work to waterproof it but will it react with the water? is there something alse i should try?

do you mean like the stuff you get in tubes, mastic?

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Being in water 24/7 its not gonna last as long as you think

do you mean like the stuff you get in tubes, mastic?

yes

Being in water 24/7 its not gonna last as long as you think

that was the question. do you have a different suggestion on what to use?

yes

that was the question. do you have a different suggestion on what to use?

mate, dont worry it will last for ever, why do you think they but it round baths and pipes and things like that

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

mate, dont worry it will last for ever, why do you think they but it round baths and pipes and things like that

yes but in the bathroom its not submerged 24/7

I dont know for sure but id bet the pressure mixed with water getting hot then cold would break it down a lot faster and no i dont have any ideas :/

I dont know for sure but id bet the pressure mixed with water getting hot then cold would break it down a lot faster and no i dont have any ideas :/

shit i was really hoping to get some alternative ideas. 

Well as long as you get a waterproof one that's made for bathrooms and all that you should be good as bathrooms have hot and cold water so its fine

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

cool thanks but ill try picking up something similar in a local store as i dont wanna wait for shipping

Do not use silicone in this way,it is not meant for 24/7 submersion,unless you get an aquarium grade sealant.

The concern is not with the silicone,its hydrophobic and repels water,the issue arises with the interface bond line between the two materials you are bonding.

The joint will fail,that is guaranteed.

You could widen the hole to fit a BP passthru then stop cap it,much better than lashing it up with silicone

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Thought you submerged your CPU when I read that LOL...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Ill wait for the thread named pump leaked everywhere lol

Made me laugh, thanks :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Do not use silicone in this way,it is not meant for 24/7 submersion,unless you get an aquarium grade sealant.

The concern is not with the silicone,its hydrophobic and repels water,the issue arises with the interface bond line between the two materials you are bonding.

The joint will fail,that is guaranteed.

You could widen the hole to fit a BP passthru then stop cap it,much better than lashing it up with silicone

do you have a link to a product like that so i can understand better what you mean?

Ill wait for the thread named pump leaked everywhere lol

:D wow so i ask a question because i dont know shit about it and the first reply tell me no its fine and now you hate on me? its not like i thought it was save for sure. it was just the first thing that came to mind.

Thought you submerged your CPU when I read that LOL...

the reserator is a tube-rad / reservoir / isontevenknowwhatthef*ckitis / awesome :D

Made me laugh, thanks :)

yeah thinking that this thing packs 2,5 litres of water that would be hilarous i guess but on the other hand it would only go all over my floor instead of my techstuff like usualy so that cool.. i guess

2.5 litres wow thats a lot of water. Sorry i wasnt trying to hate on you.

2.5 litres wow thats a lot of water. Sorry i wasnt trying to hate on you.

no i found it funny but it implied that its predestend to failure and sounded like i dont know what im doing, which i dont but ... i dont want YOU GUYS to know that

yeah thinking that this thing packs 2,5 litres of water that would be hilarous i guess but on the other hand it would only go all over my floor instead of my techstuff like usualy so that cool.. i guess

I had a similiar experience when I was watercooling for the first time, I have not installed a T-valve so I can drain the loop so I had to remove the tube from my gpu. Guess what, I messed up, water fucking everywhere, I had my pc off for 4days to dry it...that sucked :D

Lol i have the same thing coming up soon i dont have a drain :P