Bioware possibly teasing new IP? Update: It's called Shadow Realms?

Rafy

So I just got this emai:

he time is near... they are watching
Your power is rising
You’ve been chosen.

The time is near.
They are watching.
Your power is rising.
Cologne, Germany.
You’ve Been Chosen.

Watch the new “Nightmare” teaser from BioWare.

http://www.youve-been-chosen.com/watch-nightmare-teaser/ (doesn't work just yet)

Here it is on youtube:

New IP reveal at GamesCom? What do you think?

Update: It's apparently called Shadow Realms.

Could the new game be called "Shadow Realms"? As highlighted by VideoGamer.com reader Graviton, the image in a teaser email sent to fans is named "ShadowRealms_Teaser_video.jpg".

Furthermore, EA also filed a trademark for Shadow Realms back in February. This is probably it. Look out for more at Gamescom next month.

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dragon_age_inquisition/news/bioware_teasing_new_ip_reveal_for_gamescom.html

It's probably just gonna be a ton of info on the new Mass Effect game.

COMIC SANS

They already have Dragon Age Inquisition, and Mass Effect 4.

If this is a new IP that means they have three games in active development which is quite a lot.

OOH

I like bioware things, I am looking forward to seeing whatever this is

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They've mentioned they've been building and prototyping a new IP for a while now, this is no secret

I received this video in my email this morning - so thought I'd been invited to an Inquisition or ME4 MP beta or something.  The subject was "You have been Chosen!"

FU Bioware, always raising my hopes and dashing them... (DA -> DA2,  ME1/2/3 - ME3 Ending, dat Sonic DS RPG - yes I was the one who bought it)

Though I'm always interested to see the direction these new IP's take.  Usually we see some nice progression like ME's dialogue wheels and interactable cutscenes

If this is a new IP that means they have three games in active development which is quite a lot.

DA: Inq is pretty much done at this point. They're likely deep into QA on it so most of the team is free to do other things. Mass Effect 4 is being done by their Montreal studio. That leaves this game to the crew at Edmonton. Bioware has four studios and probably close to 1000 employees at this point.

You keep using that studio name, Bioware, yet none of the people that made it a success still work there and EA has more control over their games than they do.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I got this email but deleted it. No regrets. 

Yeah me too. I thought it was spam. It was sure written to resemble spam so good on them if that's what they were trying to accomplish.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Shadow Realms. Really? That is some seriously original naming right there.

What you mean "Dragon Age" didn't do it for you either?   :lol:

-------

Current Rig

-------

Shadow Realms. Really? That is some seriously original naming right there.

Most games have kind of dumb names when you stop and think about them. At least it's not Shadow Realms: Revenge or something like that.

No, not really. Didn't like the game either, but that has more to do with them losing the D&D license and still trying to do a D&D game than anything else. Kinda like WoW is just a 2nd rate clone of Warhammer (and you Blizzard fanboys know it, just admit it and move on).

WoW isn't a clone of Warhammer. The entire Warcraft franchise however is. I believe Blizzard was originally making a Warhammer game and when that fell through they just kept going and it turned into Warcraft. Starcraft is very Warhammer 40k. Blizzard has managed to make them their own thing but the influence is still very visible.

As far as I know, BioWare is more of a brand name now rather than a developer, since it's several different studios.