MACBOOK SCAM IN UK

theam123

So as I've recently have sold a macbook from Denmark to the UK, I've just found out that the buyer is a false person and I do not have gotten any of the money, yet I've sent it out already which basically means that I've sent it out for free to the person.

I know this is quite late, but the macbook will be sent out today.

We have called the police, but they cant do anything about it as it has left the country already.

It has been delivered to;

Unit 1 Buzzard creek
Industrial Estate,
115 river road.
Barking Essex.
IG11 0EL
London
United Kingdom.

To a person known as; 

Adedla A Williams

This has been reported to the police, and they're aware of the problem already.

If you live in london, or nearby, and you can go down to the post office and tell them so they're aware of the problem.

If this helps anything, this is "her" email.

captain.williams6477@yahoo.com

Also they wanted us to send a Westen Union Check to this address:

Address: 
106 Drapper Close,
Grays, Essex.
London
RM20 4BJ
United Kingdom.

Thank you a lot.

Please share.

If you paid through paypal via a credit card, dispute it. If you sent them a money order or cash or something like that, well... maybe just chalk it up to a loss and move on. Sucks, but sometimes people are shitty like that. 

Very strange indeed.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If you paid through paypal via a credit card, dispute it. If you sent them a money order or cash or something like that, well... maybe just chalk it up to a loss and move on. Sucks, but sometimes people are shitty like that. 

Well problem is that I've sold it, not bought it. I've sent my macbook, through a payment in paypal. But their account was fake and we got no money for it.

have you made the police report?

what is their shipping address destination?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I have yes. I've also spoke with PayPal and they've contacted the national postfirm, and they can't do anything about it once it's outside the country.

Well problem is that I've sold it, not bought it. I've sent my macbook, through a payment in paypal. But their account was fake and we got no money for it.

So you sent it out before you even got the money for it? As a seller, you should always send out only when you've been paid... 

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I have yes. I've also spoke with PayPal and they've contacted the national postfirm, and they can't do anything about it once it's outside the country.

what about the shipping address?

should be able to trace from there

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

what is their shipping address destination?

I got 2 locations.

106 Drapper Close,

Grays, Essex.

London

RM20 4BJ

United Kingdom.

Unit 1 Buzzard creek

Industrial Estate,

115 river road.

Barking Essex.

IG11 0EL

London

United Kingdom.

Last one was where I should send the package to (I do have a picture of the address label) and first one was another address they told me to transport it to.

So you sent it out before you even got the money for it? As a seller, you should always send out only when you've been paid... 

I've sent it via PayPal. They required me to prove that I've sent the package, and after that I would have gotten the money. I don't know the system but my mother and father told me they had a hold of it, and knew what they were doing, apparently not. 

They said that the money was in deposit and that I would get it after I've proved that I've sent it.

I got 2 locations.

106 Drapper Close,

Grays, Essex.

London

RM20 4BJ

United Kingdom.

Unit 1 Buzzard creek

Industrial Estate,

115 river road.

Barking Essex.

IG11 0EL

London

United Kingdom.

Last one was where I should send the package to (I do have a picture of the address label) and first one was another address they told me to transport it to.

go straight to that location

This isn't very uncommon, but it is unfortunate to hear this. Unfortunately and speaking out of experience, I don't think you will see either the money or the Mac again. Hopefully you do see either one of these though.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This isn't very uncommon, but it is unfortunate to hear this. Unfortunately and speaking out of experience, I don't think you will see either the money or the Mac again. Hopefully you do see either one of these though.

Sadly I know that I wont see the money nor the macbook. But I rather have someone else, either from this forum or anyone else that I can contact have it, but "her".

go straight to that location

I've tried to look up addresses, but I can't find anything that I can call or anything. I'm in Denmark at the moment, so it's impossible for me to do so.

we might need members from the UK London locations

who are from the UK?

If you're able to go to the post location, and return it. I have a picture of the address label for more information, and I've marked that if it's not being picked up, it will be sent back home. I will give you a reward for it. 

The address you'd want is the 2nd one @ draper close by the looks of it. I'd imagine a lot of obfuscation and fake details are in use.

A suggestion I have is if you called the industrial estate and inform them that a package has been sent but was a scam. 08454853172 is the number.

Unfortunately I can't help and I don't know anyone in London that could help either. Not sure if it's entirely legal for someone to intercept a package also.

Where did you sell this? On a place like eBay or elsewhere?

I wish i can help but for some strange reasons

the other forum just deleted my plea for help 

WTF man PCPartPicker

WOAH

If I lived just a bit closer to London, I would take a black cab down there and hit everyone with a baseball bat until they gave me your macbook.

INTEL i5 4670 (non-K) | MSI H81I | XFX Black Edition R9 280 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB

Seasonic M12II EVO 620W | SEAGATE Barracuda 2TB

CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 8GB | CM Elite 130

The address you'd want is the 2nd one @ draper close by the looks of it. I'd imagine a lot of obfuscation and fake details are in use.

Unfortunately I can't help and I don't know anyone in london that could help either.

Where did you sell this? On a place like eBay or elsewhere?

http://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/08819056/recruitment-dansultant-ltd I've found this page, with the owner named  Mr Daniel James Laurent but that could be fake aswell.

and his address

http://www.192.com/address/details/orpington/br5+4ed/27/

but I really don't know what I can do. the only "oppertunity" that i have is to find someone who's willing to go to the post office and tell them what's happening. I have proof that I've sent it and I have a phone number they can call me to.

I sold it on "DBA" which is just like ebay, just in Denmark.

I wish i can help but for some strange reasons

the other forum just deleted my plea for help 

WTF man PCPartPicker

I saw the post. I really appreciate your help!

WOAH

If I lived just a bit closer to London, I would take a black cab down there and hit everyone with a baseball bat until they gave me your macbook.

Haha cheers man! That made me smile. thanks a lot.

WOAH

we need to enlist the help of members here who are living in London

yes bring along something to whack those bastards 

we need to enlist the help of members here who are living in London

yes bring along something to whack those bastards 

List of LTT members with their location set to London.

@theam123

@brownninja97

we need you help here 

sorry to call you all of a sudden

we are helping this guy to get his macbook back from the scammer

@gramzon

sorry for bothering you

we need your help to intercept a macbook before it goes into the hands of the scammer

#lttsavestheday

:D

I now need to find an excuse to take the train to London haha

INTEL i5 4670 (non-K) | MSI H81I | XFX Black Edition R9 280 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB

Seasonic M12II EVO 620W | SEAGATE Barracuda 2TB

CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 8GB | CM Elite 130