What's wrong with Uplay?

I never have problems with Uplay so I don't know why people moan about it.

Everything.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

1.The UI. Don't like it. Same with Steam.

2. They gave me a USED key, and never replaced it.

3. It updates ALL THE TIME.

4. Their games are mostly unoptimized.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Some reasons are that people dont like have more than one client for games, the layouts maybe. etc...

I personally don't care cuz i dont have many ubisoft games.

It's slow and clunky and it's yet ANOTHER place I have to go to play my games.

It's not so much that it causes problems (although it does) but more that it's around for the sole purpose of ubisoft having their own thing, which is completely unnecessary.

They could make their games work standalone, or with steam, but they choose to put their own stupid DRM on it for no reason.

That's why people moan about it, and why everything that's wrong with it is amplified.

Issues + It's not steam = Most people will hate it.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

It is potato. I would rather use a console over uplay.

Because every time I pay for a game on launch it takes them a week (exaggeration) to let me redeem it, or to even let you log in, while I get to watch people that bootleg it play it first. Thanks for punishing loyal customers, fags. 

After launch it's about 50/50 if it'll even let me log in.

Also a lot of games you have to log in to fucking play singleplayer.

Yah, I had to bootleg Hawx 2  to play it offline. I mean I shouldn't have played that game int he first place but that's not the point. 

It's to the point where I feel like I'm punished for paying for their damn games, then punished again for owning AMD gpus. 

Guess they money I pay you is just a number. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Issues + It's not steam = Most people will hate it.

I like Origin more than steam doe, cuz steam crashes sometimes and thats pretty annoying

One time, it wouldn't let me redeem a game.

Whenever I went to the store page it wouldn't let me leave it because it would keep redirecting me to the main page because it's "redirecting me to the page for my region"

IMO the UI Isn't horrible, I like it more than Origin's but hate the rest (more or less) of it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I like Origin more than steam doe, cuz steam crashes sometimes and thats pretty annoying

Origin doesn't get enough credit. Yes, it's not perfect, but neither is Steam.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Origin doesn't get enough credit. Yes, it's not perfect, but neither is Steam.

origin never searched in files or things like that, why are people saying that someties

I never have problems with Uplay so I don't know why people moan about it.

It exists

Means that I have to use yet another program to launch a game, I like all my games to be in steam so that It is easy to just open it, find a game and play

Also means another program to add friends too and all that

Uplay offline mode is a bit shitty and barely works, 

Its also ugly

It works fine, and doesnt give any major issues, I just wish I did not have to install ANOTHER program for the few ubi games I want to play

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It exists

Means that I have to use yet another program to launch a game, I like all my games to be in steam so that It is easy to just open it, find a game and play

Also means another program to add friends too and all that

Uplay offline mode is a bit shitty and barely works, 

Its also ugly

It works fine, and doesnt give any major issues, I just wish I did not have to install ANOTHER program for the few ubi games I want to play

steam is uglier than uplay, steam looks like it was made 10 years ago

Double DRM is enough of a reason to hate it. They should have either taken their games off steam and just sold them on Uplay or not make Uplay a requirement if you bought them on steam. Simple as that.

Everything.

I was about to say that... i cant think of one thing i like even if steam or origin didn't exist

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

origin never searched in files or things like that, why are people saying that someties

I believe a few years ago, it used to. People rightfully made a big enough fuss about it, and EA took it out, but Origin's reputation hasn't fully recovered.

Personally, I'm fine with Origin and Steam. The amount of errors proportional to the number of hours I've spent using each service has pretty much been the same between Origin and Steam. (I think I've had more game crashes with Origin games than Steam games, but I don't think that's the fault of Origin itself). However, I think the Steam storefront is easier to browse through, and the Family Sharing and In-Home Streaming options are nice little bonuses that Origin doesn't have. 

Uplay Offers nothing of value to the gamer besides headache.

1399748812621.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I see it like this. I dont like having games scattered all over the place. That is the reason I use Steam. I want to have one single library where I keep all my games just within one login. Now when I go to Steam and buy Far Cry 3 for example I expect it to run out of Steam not from another client that installs along with the game for which I have to register again and remember new login information as I hate to have same login for everything and try to keep everything unique. Thats also reason why EA and Ubisoft wont see my money as I dont plan on buying their games because of this one stupid reason I have and I doubt I am the only one. I like freedom of choice and dont like forcing things on me.

I see it like this. I dont like havving games scattered all over the place. That is the reason I use Steam. I want to have one single library where I keep all my games just within one login. Now when I go to Steam and buy Far Cry 3 for example I expect it to run out of Steam not from another client that installs along with the game for which I have to register again and remember new login information as I hate to have same login for everything and try to keep everything unique. Thats also reason why EA and Ubisoft wont see my money as I dont plan on buying their games because of this one stupid reason I have and I doubt I am the only one. I like freedom of choice and dont like forcing things on me.

lol...write it on a sheet of paper

NO!  :angry:   :D

We cant help you then....lazy #€%&

people that make different passwords for everything dont write them down for other people to find.

i keep all mine in a text file inside a passworded .rar on a seperate (also password protected) partition external harddrive

also uplay sucks cuz double drm, shitty ui, having to have multiple friends lists to play with people, if i lose internet for a brief second, it completely stops saving the game(lost 4 hours of assassins creed cuz i lost internet for less than 10 seconds).

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Why are you so offensive? Its not because I am lazy. I already have over 500 different passwords in my head that are longer than 20 characters and consist of special symbols, numbers, letters, ... I wont store them anywhere in my PC or write them down on sheet of paper just so that anyone can find it. I know that there are programs that can manage your passwords but given the fact that today every program has some backdoor or hole I cant trust them.

Now I have to assign every password to correct login name. It is not easy to remember and adding anothers will just make me a lot more confused if I forget something. That is why I am trying to minimalize need for useles garbage clients. As I mentioned before.. I like having different login information for everything so why should I have 3 gaming clients with 3 different login names and 3 different passwords if I can just have one? And yes.. it is kind of overkill having different logins everywhere but lets say I have same login for Steam as for Origin and someone figures my login information.. I instantly lost access to 2 servicess.

it always causes my pc to freeze or slow down if downloading big game, think it has some memory leak issues

My PC rig: I7-4790, Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87, EVGA GTX 780 SC ATX 6GB, Thermaltake Urban S31 Case with Window, Corsair RM 850, Samsung Evo 120gb SSD, 5TB HDD, Kingston Hyper 1866 8GB RAM