How to Record Gameplay With Perfect Quality (No FRAPS)

orangecat

What do you mean? where did you find that?

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Look at High quality uploads for creators with enterprise quality internet connections

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Look at High quality uploads for creators with enterprise quality internet connections

Oh I never saw that, not sure how you get that status though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So it seems recording through Afterburner hits my FPS hard. I've tried doing a few test recordings with other softwares with Quick Sync, it seems it's identical to APP, i'm guessing CUDA would be pretty similar too. I think I'll just stick with APP so I can disable the iGPU and get back the 256M of RAM.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

So it seems recording through Afterburner hits my FPS hard. I've tried doing a few test recordings with other softwares with Quick Sync, it seems it's identical to APP, i'm guessing CUDA would be pretty similar too. I think I'll just stick with APP so I can disable the iGPU and get back the 256M of RAM.

Maybe its configured wrong or the storage drive your recording too is not fast enough.

Did you check "Use dedicated encoder server"?

M8 dun worry, i aint able 2 be pewshitpie

IM BATMAN.

and im a horse!

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Did you check "Use dedicated encoder server"?

Yep, along with all the settings you had.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Just going to say "With Perfect Quality" you literally have to record to RAW or lossless. More likly RAW if you want to preserver the 4:4:4 color depth as not many lossless codec's support that.

I don't have an "external plugin" option

cce5d7d4c5.png I gave my iGPU 256MB of RAM in my bios, but

de317d232a.png

12f6602612.png

you confuse me with your magic and such

what version of afterburner are you using? and yes I have a second monitor plugged into my iGPU.

Yep, along with all the settings you had.

Strange... I cant help you because i don't know whats wrong. Maybe try checking your memory settings and check the GPU clock on the iGPU other than that idk whats wrong works fine for me even for 60fps recording.

Just going to say "With Perfect Quality" you literally have to record to RAW or lossless. More likly RAW if you want to preserver the 4:4:4 color depth as not many lossless codec's support that.

okay but im trying to be realistic about is when i say perfect quality i mean you cant see any compression artifacts with the naked eye.

Care to explain?

its called raptr it comes with amd drivers and you can record gameplay at high quality like shadowplay

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I don't have an "external plugin" option

cce5d7d4c5.png I gave my iGPU 256MB of RAM in my bios, but

de317d232a.png

12f6602612.png

you confuse me with your magic and such

First off the iGPU will always show up as 0mb of vram because it dosent have its own dedicated ram.

second try updating msi afterburner to the latest official option.

third update igpu driver to latest.

also my GPUz looks like this

some of your readings are less than mine even tho you have a better igpu check your bios.

post-858-0-04420300-1406279368.png

its called raptr it comes with amd drivers and you can record gameplay at high quality like shadowplay

Cool I didnt know amd had their own solution/

So does this method have an impact on the fps as big as normal recording with afterburner?

I don't care for the quality, but for the performance.

So does this method have an impact on the fps as big as normal recording with afterburner?

I don't care for the quality, but for the performance.

Some users say they have a fpos hit from very small to very large vbut I get less that 1fps hit and the quality looks like bluray footage.

So I have managed to get QuickSync recording working, but I think MSI Afterburner's OSD crashes some games forcing me to restart my PC... Also the FPS impact depends on if your game is very CPU dependent or not. For example, recording GTA IV with QuickSync halves my framerate, but in BeamNG.Drive the framerate only drops to 30-50.

So I have managed to get QuickSync recording working, but I think MSI Afterburner's OSD crashes some games forcing me to restart my PC... Also the FPS impact depends on if your game is very CPU dependent or not. For example, recording GTA IV with QuickSync halves my framerate, but in BeamNG.Drive the framerate only drops to 30-50.

Strange i tried it with multiple games and none of them had more than 1-2 fps hit.

Can it be done with one Monitor?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Yea? just tell it ones there on VGA even doesnt see it. Luke showed this off in a semi recent video.

Didn't Luke do a video about using OBS and intel quicksync?  Isn't it the same concept with less work?

Didn't Luke do a video about using OBS and intel quicksync?  Isn't it the same concept with less work?

yes and possibly yes

I don't think so or at least i couldn't get it to work but it will work if your one monitor has 2 inputs.

He might have done a video like it but IMO this works better for game recording.