Looking for new laptop.

connorpiper

So, long story. My Flip is leaving me tomorrow. (Much sad)

I need a new laptop! I used mine for school, so I need a new one before then.

I have a $1000 (Does not include Tax, or shipping) budget. It must be from bestbuy because I have a $700 credit (From my Flip) to there.

Max Weight: 4lbs. (Ultrabook/Light & Thin type)

Screen size. 12.5" or 13.3"

1080p display only. (Or QHD+)

Touch or no Touch.

Non-convertable (Unless its the XPS)

SSD, no HDD. 

Backlit Keyboard.

I have been looking forever and I still can't find one!

This will my first non-VAIO, so I have no idea what i'm doing. (Even more sadness)

Thanks!

Unless, someone has a VAIO Z or S series and needs $700 to bestbuy :P (Trade??)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

What do you intend on using the laptop for? General use? Gaming? Photo editing?

Also be sure to follow your topic so you know when someone replies!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

What do you intend on using the laptop for? General use? Gaming? Photo editing?

I would need an i5. My i3-4005U was almost enough.

I do a bit of Autodesk, Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Internet, Mabye a little minecraft when can't bring my 80lb desktop.

Really any 4th gen i5 or i7 will do. 6-8GB RAM is good, but 4GB if you are stuck. 

My Asus ultrabook was around 1k and its build quality is great overall. Also hear good things from Lenovo ultrabooks. (just to put some brands out there)

- Snip -

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Seriously, if you don't mind OS X or the average screen, get a MacBook Air. The biggest issue is that I have no idea how it runs Minecraft or other light games. If not, I hear Samsung's Ultrabooks are pretty good if not a bit expensive.

My compooter: http://imgur.com/a/mDFsx?

Seriously, if you don't mind OS X or the average screen, get a MacBook Air. The biggest issue is that I have no idea how it runs Minecraft or other light games. If not, I hear Samsung's Ultrabooks are pretty good if not a bit expensive.

I cannot use OSX. I yell and scream when I have to use my dads Macbook Pro.

I have looked at the Samsung ATIV Series 7, 7 Ultra, 9, 9lite, and 9 Ultra. I love all but the 9 lite. BUT, Bestbuy only has the Core i7 256GB SSD ATIV 9 Ultra. Which is ~$2000.

And, I need to use our schools servers and network, and OSX does not work with it.

I cannot use OSX. I yell and scream when I have to use my dads Macbook Pro.

I have looked at the Samsung ATIV Series 7, 7 Ultra, 9, 9lite, and 9 Ultra. I love all but the 9 lite. BUT, Bestbuy only has the Core i7 256GB SSD ATIV 9 Ultra. Which is ~$2000.

And, I need to use our schools servers and network, and OSX does not work with it.

Ah, okay. I'm not a big fan of Windows laptops so it's hard for me to give recommendations.

Ah, okay. I'm not a big fan of Windows laptops so it's hard for me to give recommendations.

I did think about putting windows on a MacBook pro, but it's too heavy for me.

I did think about putting windows on a MacBook pro, but it's too heavy for me.

You can spend a little extra on the Air to get 256gb of storage and throw windows on that, although again I'm not sure how the performance will be. I was almost tempted to get rid of my Pro for the Air to get the 12 hours of battery.

You can spend a little extra on the Air to get 256gb of storage and throw windows on that, although again I'm not sure how the performance will be. I was almost tempted to get rid of my Pro for the Air to get the 12 hours of battery.

I can't do 1600 x 900. It would kill me.