Port Forward without a router?

TheWall

I want to set up a minecraft server, but i am not connected to a router, just going through a modem, so i'm really not sure how to set up port forwarding

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Modem is the same as a router. Just access its settings and port forward it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I cant access it, i have tried the standard 192.168.1.1 and the ones i found with ipconfig in cmd and it keeps timing out

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I cant access it, i have tried the standard 192.168.1.1 and the ones i found with ipconfig in cmd and it keeps timing out

Ask your ISP what the internal address of your router is. It does have one. If it doesn't you wouldn't be able to connect to the internet.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ask your ISP what the internal address of your router is. It does have one. If it doesn't you wouldn't be able to connect to the internet.

what router? the isp's?

Look on the modem for a sticker that has "default gateway" and use that, it's usually on the actual unit somewhere... In like, size 0.00000001 font

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

what router? the isp's?

woops i mean to say modem

Spoiler

how many ethernet ports do you have on your modem?

if its only one, then you indeed don´t have a router function.

Look on the modem for a sticker that has "default gateway" and use that, it's usually on the actual unit somewhere... In like, size 0.00000001 font

no, just serial codes n stuff

no, just serial codes n stuff

It's usually in there somewhere, what is the modem specifically

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

how many ethernet ports do you have on your modem?

if its only one, then you indeed don´t have a router function.

I also have a router plugged into the modem, but i am not connected to that, it goes ISP>Modem>Me+Router

It's usually in there somewhere, what is the modem specifically

Nowhere to be found, not in manual either, the model number is D-Link DGS-105

woops i mean to say modem

Yeah but does it have settings, it was like 20 bucks

well

if you have connected your pc to your modem, and also a router connected to your modem,

then i dont understand why you have it setup this way.

your modem has a router funtion on its own. unless you use the router for wireless offcourse.

Wenn you are conneted directly to the modem, and you type in your standard gateway adress you should get a login page of your modem.

but if you are connected to the second router, then offcourse the gateway of the modem is not reachable

Not quite, some routers (such as mine [ Motorola SB6121 ]) do not have any actual settings, all they have is information about your connection and shit like that.

Try 192.168.100.1

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

go to cmd:  typ: ipconfig /all

then you see that standard gateway adress, that will be your login adress.

or tell us which modem you have.

well

if you have connected your pc to your modem, and also a router connected to your modem,

then i dont understand why you have it setup this way.

your modem has a router funtion on its own. unless you use the router for wireless offcourse.

Wenn you are conneted directly to the modem, and you type in your standard gateway adress you should get a login page of your modem.

but if you are connected to the second router, then offcourse the gateway of the modem is not reachable

Well my setup is a bit complicated, here is an ms paint drawing to explain

Hbyjtud.jpg

And i don't think my modem has any settings, it was like 20 bucks so i'm assuming that it's just splitting Ethernet signals, though i wont claim to know much about this

Not quite, some routers (such as mine [ Motorola SB6121 ]) do not have any actual settings, all they have is information about your connection and shit like that.

Try 192.168.100.1

Doesn't work

go to cmd:  typ: ipconfig /all

then you see that standard gateway adress, that will be your login adress.

or tell us which modem you have.

that doesn't work either

You can't, modems aren't made for this also even if you could it wouldn't be secure.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Maybe something like Hamachi might work but i'm not really sure.There are heaps of tutorials online on how to setup a Minecraft server using Hamachi.

erm...  So both your computer and your router are connected to the modem?

Type in cmd

arp -a

Now match the Mac address (sometimes called Ethernet Address, or Physical Address) with the numbers on your modem...  It might be represented as 00-60-bd-83-94-c8 in CMD, but on the modem it might be 00:60:BD:83:94:C8.

So the IP address next to the modem mac address is what you want.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud