Does anyone use the Dvorak layout?

Real_PhillBert

So lately I have had a growing interest in the Dvorak keyboard layout. Does anyone on here use Dvorak instead of Qwerty?

kbdvorak.gif

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No, but I would have been able to transtition IF the letters were on the same side as qwerty (e.g. "T" can be moved to the home row, but it still needs to be triggered by my left hand).

Custom keyboard layouts are where it's at.  Forcing kids to learn, and then stay qwerty is facist!

No, but I would have been able to transtition IF the letters were on the same side as qwerty (e.g. "T" can be moved to the home row, but it still needs to be triggered by my left hand).

Custom keyboard layouts are where it's at.  Forcing kids to learn, and then stay qwerty is facist!

It looks like it would be tough to get used to but it is supposed to be much more efficient. I'm thinking about swapping over for a weekend and seeing how it goes. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I was going to try it once but my keyboard literally wouldn't support any other layout. The key's wouldn't work.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I would want to try it but I can't be bothered with remapping the keys in every game I decide to play.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I would want to try it but I can't be bothered with remapping the keys in every game I decide to play.

That is a really good point that I honestly didnt think about... Hmmm

I switched for about a week. It was fun but the jump from my home keyboard to the one i have at work was too much. I was thinking about scripting in AHK so i could bring the program over to work but it just wasn't worth it for me. Remember this only makes you a faster typist if you touch type on it. Doing the usual hunt and peck will be the same if not slower in WPM. Hope that helps!